Novogradac & Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Forecasting Accountant
at Novogradac & Company
Walnut Creek, CA
# of openings:
Novogradac & Company LLP is a national certified public accounting and consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco. Founded in 1989, the allied group of Novogradac companies has grown to more than 800 employees and partners with more than 25 offices throughout the country.
Novogradac & Company LLP is one of the nation’s top 50 certified public accounting and consulting firms. As one of the fastest growing accounting firms in the nation, the firm offers significant growth opportunities for employees. A focus on providing excellent service for clients has made Novogradac & Company a recognized leader in real estate and community development. Novogradac provides publicly and privately held national enterprises with a full spectrum of audit, tax, valuation, expert witness and litigation support, property compliance and general consulting services and works extensively in the affordable housing, community development, historic preservation and renewable energy fields.
Under close supervision, this Financial Forecasting Accountant role, which specializes in financial forecasting and mixed-finance transaction structuring, will complete a variety of assignments as designated by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Complete assignments, including the preparation of financial forecasts for tax credit subsidized transactions as directed by the Supervisor or Manager
- Evaluate and extract financial and non-financial data from information provided by clients, including letters of intent, audited financial statements, tax returns, partnership agreements, loan agreements, and other documents
- Consult with clients on ways to optimize tax credit equity investments by evaluating different ownership structures, federal and state subsidies as well as debt and equity financing options.
- Participate in conference calls with clients and project finance team members to discuss issues involved with structuring investments that qualify for federal tax credits from federal opportunity zones, renewable energy, historic rehabilitation and/or new markets tax credits.
- Document and reference assumptions used in the financial forecasts
- Prepare summarized financial data reports
- Identify and communicate potential problem areas during engagements
- Assist with accounting, audit and tax engagements with respect to year-end financial statement audits and tax returns as well as cost certifications and cost segregation studies.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Exhibit interest in developing a better knowledge of community development finance and other tax credit subsidized investments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Perform work accurately and in a time efficient manner, with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, ability to coordinate complex activities and prioritize conflicting demands and deadlines
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and make adjustments as directed
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a productive, team-oriented environment
- Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel) and report writing tools, and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Maintain a professional demeanor with co-workers and clients
- Adhere to internal Firm deadlines (time entry)
- Able to contribute ideas and add value to designated team
- Knowledge of partnership accounting/taxation, real estate and lending terminology, and other related concepts is a plus
- Ability to sit for the CPA Exam or having passed sections of the CPA Exam is a plus
- Available to work evenings and weekends based on position needs, and to travel domestically if required