Nusenda Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Credit Analyst
at Nusenda Credit Union
At Nusenda Credit Union, our commitment to excellent member service, care for our community, being an employer of choice, and offering flexible products and services have always been our priorities. With 210,000 members, 600 employees, and 21 branches, we are the largest not-for-profit financial cooperative in NM.
We have been voted one of the Top Workplaces and Healthiest Places to Work for multiple years! Being part of our credit union means being part of our community as The Power of WE.
If integrity, dedication, and a commitment to serving others is part of your DNA, we encourage you to review our list of open positions and apply today. We look forward to growing our Nusenda family!
We are currently seeking a Senior Credit Analyst to join our organization. The Sr. Credit Analyst will be responsible for gathering and analyzing credit information on current and potential business borrowers. Determines the advisability of granting credit for diversified types of commercial loans by recommending the Loan Risk Rating per the Loan Policy. Assists Business Services Officers regarding annual loan reviews and origination of new loan requests.
Completes analysis of new loan requests, annual reviews of existing loans and makes recommendations for Risk Ratings according to findings.
Analyze credit data and spreads financial statements as part of risk analysis on new and renewing loans.
Compare financial strength of businesses being evaluated with those of similar businesses in the same industries and geographic locations; studies economic trends of identified industry to predict probable success of borrower.
Reviews appraisals against actual financial performance to validate values, assess the cause of deviations, or make recommendations to adjust values based on actual financial performance and supported by external market data.
- Five to eight years of similar or related commercial banking experience.
- Minimum of two years credit analysis experience required. This may include financial statement and tax return analysis, credit memo preparation and recommendation, income property analysis/NOI determination, and peer group comparison.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
Key Experience and Abilities Include:
- Must have a thorough understanding of financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, tax returns and statements of cash flow with a working knowledge of commercial loans types, structures and practices.
- Ability to evaluate credit data in determining loan risk
- Significant analytical thinking skills are required to analyze and assimilate financial information into actionable format with recommendations on course of action to take.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and financial spreading software.
- Must be able to handle multiple responsibilities, meet deadlines, deal with sensitive information, and handle problem resolution.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to work with multiple levels of the organization.