NYU Langone Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director- Payroll Services
at NYU Langone Medical Center
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Director- Payroll Services.
This role is for a leader who will be responsible for assisting in the overall planning, organization, direction and control of the Payroll Department. The Director will develop and maintain payroll policies and processes that will enhance and ensure strong internal controls, prevent fraud and ensure accuracy and compliance for all payments and tax filings; implement robust review process to track progress and find ways for improvements; be responsible for integrity of data originating from payroll that relate to salary, benefits and payroll tax; providing memorandum and other communications as needed to document payroll related processes, policies, tax issues and other payroll related matters; provide leadership and development opportunities for staff, mentoring and coaching to team through routine staff evaluation, motivation and support; provide an atmosphere of integrity and trust; liaise with leadership from Human Resources, Finance and IT; demonstrate creative and analytical thinking; seek alternative solutions to address challenges and issues; respect and maintain confidentiality of all information within NYU Langone Health ; stay continually informed on the changing Payroll landscape; keep up-to-date on innovations in technology and processes related to payroll operations and payroll tax; Interact with hospital administration to facilitate disbursements and resolve vendor issues; focus on developing a partnership between Finance and Administration to improve customer relations and service.
- Collaborates with the Senior Director to set the vision for the organization and ensures that the overall payroll function is effectively supporting NYU Langone Health and departmental goals and objectives. Respects and maintains confidentiality of all information
- Essential Function:Ensures that compliance and regulatory requirements are adhered to and up to date. Oversees the hiring and training of manager and staff. Responsible for proper communication to all customers. Maintains open communication with employees, governmental authorities and vendors. Develops an environment focusing on controls to ensure the integrity of the payroll process via policies and procedures; recovery of overpayments; identification of ineffective processes and ongoing analysis of employee payments
- General Responsibilities: Provides leadership and direction. Communicates clearly and concisely with customers in a timely manner. Efficiently organizes tasks and assigns appropriate resources. Demonstrates initiative to improve customer relations, services and processes. Demonstrates creative thinking for developing solutions. Manages multiple tasks and projects. Respects and maintains confidentiality of all information within NYU Langone Health System. Develops a partnership between Finance and other operational departments to improve customer relations and service.Develops and maintains working relationships with internal and external customers.Assesses time required for completion of ones work (individual and team).Fosters staff development. Conducts staff performance appraisals.Demonstrates trustworthiness and integrity. Facilitates a team atmosphere within Finance and respective departments. Provides leadership by supporting and motivating staff. Interacts with administration, peers, general staff, and other NYU Langone personnel in a courteous and professional manner.
- Efficiently organizes tasks and assigns appropriate resources and reviews work performed by direct reports. Ensures quality and integrity of data collection and processing. Evaluates and optimizes payroll system processing to ensure best practices are employed while ensuring the integrity of processing and reporting.
- Directs the process of foreign nationals working within NYU Langone Health and ensures compliance with applicable statutes. Reviews and reconciles the running and management of the monthly Executive payroll.
- Redesigns internal processes and uses technology to provide quality information on a timely basis. Acts as liaison and works with other department heads in various functions within the company to ensure the payroll department is meeting internal payroll needs efficiently and timely.
- Controls and manages the completion of monthly and annual returns. Monitors the filing of state and federal quarterly tax returns to ensure compliance with local state and federal tax laws. Provides detail regarding executive level employees for the completion of the annual 990 returns
- Identifies and coordinates implementation strategy for incorporating new payroll laws and/or regulations into the payroll process to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for understanding financial and operational issues and potential impacts.
- Maintain membership in appropriate professional organization, have or work toward professional Payroll designation and stay knowledgeable about Payroll administration, regulations, rules, processes and best practices.
To qualify you must have a Required Qualifications:Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax, Information Technology or related degree. A minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years of related experience. A healthcare or accounting background preferred. Supervisory experience is necessary. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:. The individual is required to display a good understanding of accounting, finance and payroll tax and/or tax laws and regulations.. The individual should demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills to help identify areas for improvement and resolve issues that may arise with regard to both technical, administrative and customer service matters. The individual should display strong interpersonal and communication skills to meet and exceed the needs of the employees, team members and departments across the institution. The Director must have strong management skills overall to proactively manage the quality of the services provided..
Required Licenses: Certified Public Accountant
Preferred Qualifications:Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, IT or a related field. Peoplesoft or other Payroll system and reporting. Healthcare experience preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.