Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Location : External Name
- National Support Center
The primary role of the Accountant is to support general accounting in the month-end close cycle and in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department.
- Responsible for supporting general accounting in the month-end close cycle by preparing and reviewing journal entries to ensure financial transactions are accurately recorded.
- Supporting Regional Finance Directors by researching and responding to inquiries and preparing journal entries.
- Review current procedures and recommend scalable solutions to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of department transactions and projects.
- Can approve invoices up to $15K individuals and up to $300K a month.
- Preparing bank account reconciliations for all payroll accounts and general cash accounts; identify and analyze discrepancies to determine root cause and corrective solution.
- Reviewing unclaimed property and collaborating with third party vendor to submit unclaimed property to each state.
- Review and validate all purchase card transactions to ensure all are valid business charges and follow collection procedures for transactions which are not incompliance.
- Perform monthly review of notes receivable to ensure all balances are current.
- Monitor notes payable and notes receivable accounts and take action to facilitate bringing accounts to current status.
- Perform a monthly reconciliation of company prepaid expenses and ensure accurate balance sheet reporting.
- Review and maintain inventory, construction-in-progress, fixed assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses, and other balance sheet accounts to ensure balances are valid and accurate.
- Prepare budget to actual project costs to ensure all are valid and accurately allocated. Identify and analyze discrepancies to determine root cause and corrective solution.
- Prepare budget to actual cost variance analysis for new office constructions to ensure costs are valid, accurately allocated, and align with budget. Identify and analyze discrepancies to determine root cause. - Evaluate invoices to determine whether the costs can be capitalized align with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Review and record sales and use tax accruals and tax payments.
- Review and approving payment of accounts payable invoices. - Review and approving payment of insurance refunds.
- Independently calculate monthly accruals for lab, supply, property tax and utility expenditures by analyzing and interpreting historical trends.
- Perform expense analysis for support departments and clinics, identify accounting methodology and propose an efficient approach, as needed.
- Develop, maintain and analyze budgets on a monthly basis, and lead budget to actual review meetings.
- Conceptualize and prepare financial reports and other reports as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Accounting or Finance, and 3+years of accounting experience is required. In lieu of degree, 4+ years of professional experience is required.
- Experience with Oracle Fusion or similar enterprise resource planning application preferred. - CPA License.
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.