Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Compliance and Ethics Specialist
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Compliance & Ethics
- Location : External Name
- Pacific Dental Services
The Specialist, Compliance and Ethics will work alongside a dynamic team in our support center. Working within the Legal Department, this individual will contribute our healthcare compliance and ethics programs by directing compliance initiatives and managing the implementation and adoption of program elements across the organization. Will have an engaged, roll-up-your-sleeves approach, with the ability to work closely with internal clients to ensure regulatory compliance while business needs are met. Oversee the philosophy of the PDS Compliance & Ethics Program, which is to leverage our organizational values and desired behaviors to inspire team members towards self-governance.
- Exemplify the culture of PDS; facilitate the evolution of the PDS culture as a strategic differentiator.
- Proactively detect and deter misconduct and identify areas of legal risk or exposure.
- Oversee education for team members regarding their responsibility to maintain a high level of ethical and legal behavior while performing their duties.
- Provide oversight and support related to compliance with laws, regulations, and special conditions imposed upon PDS by licensing or regulatory authorities with respect to its operations.
- Provide effective means for individuals to report allegations of non-compliance; and a process for the implementation of corrective action plans in response to any identified compliance issue.
- Provide compliance and privacy program support to management across PDS and its supported practices.
- The Specialist is expected to utilize skills in investigative and research techniques and practices, while developing greater expertise in certain regulatory, compliance and privacy topics.
- Identify the need for, research the content of, draft and implement healthcare and compliance-related policies and procedures.
- Perform legal and regulatory research and analysis designed to support team members and provide strategic guidance on commercial programs, initiatives and processes that have healthcare compliance-related implications
- Assess compliance-related educational needs and develop, implement, maintain and oversee learning programs designed to address and mitigate potential compliance exposure for the organization
- Perform assigned investigations and compliance program projects following PDS standards while keeping management well apprised of results and completion status
- Participate in large, complex, multi-location or system-wide projects or investigations, including work being performed under the direction of legal counsel
- Act as a resource within PDS for select regional or enterprise functions/activities; answer questions, analyzes data, conducts research, conducts interviews and makes recommendations to address compliance and privacy matters
- Oversee and monitor ongoing privacy and data protection compliance activities and provide guidance on related requirements; partner with the V.P. Information Security and other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Proactively identify potential issues, support risk assessments and audits, and develop work plans to monitor and address identified risks
- A Masters or Juris Doctor Degree with at least three (3) years of job-related experience is required. A Bachelor, Master or Doctorate Degree in public health or health services administration, business administration, organizational effectiveness, internal controls or management is strongly preferred.
- Travel 15%
- Dental compliance experience
- A Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate Degree in public health or health services administration, business administration, organizational effectiveness, internal controls or management is strongly preferred.
- Two (2) years’ internal audit, compliance/privacy experience, Health Information Management or Revenue Cycle Services
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance, and/or Healthcare Privacy Compliance, and/or Compliance & Ethics Professional Certification
- Experience in health plan compliance
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.