Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Finance Director
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Location : External Name
- Pacific Dental Services
The primary role of the Dir, Regional Finance is to manage all finance related matters for their assigned region(s) with an emphasis on improving regional and support center operational processes. The Dir, Regional Finance is responsible for the core accounting functions including month-end close, financial statements, and execute financial package along with narrative. They support and help facilitate annual processes such as the Office Level Budget Process (OLBP) and the Corporate Planning Cycle (CPC). Additionally, they support the region in driving the DDS Equity, Doctor Ownership Percentage, and other financial metrics.
- Support and facilitate the Regional OLBP and CPC process with the Regional Partner.
- Complete regional consolidation (GAAP) by the 20th including reviewing and analyzing monthly closing entries for the Region.
- Identify areas for improvement in regional and corporate processes. Collaborate with the appropriate teams to develop and implement solutions.
- Analyze and summarize the region’s financial results, completing trend analysis and making recommendations to the Regional Partner and corporate financial staff regarding operational performance and investment decisions.
- Identify areas for improvement in region operations by having a thorough understanding of the PDS platform, day-to-day operations of the regional support team members and the individual practice. Make recommendations to the Regional Partner on operational efficiencies.
- Complete capital planning with Regional Partner(s), emphasizing both short- and long-term capital needs via evaluation, planning, and other analysis such as ROI.
- Calculate and record all buy/sell transactions where RP is selling interest to a new OD or buying interest from an OD before the close of month in which the transaction is contemplated.
- Reconcile all Capital/Ownership Tables ensuring they are up to date and accurate.
- Communicate the allocation methodology to the Region(s) and notify Payroll of desired cost allocations for team member salaries and all incentive payments.
- Calculate, communicate and facilitate payment of RM/SRM and Operations Manager bonuses.
- Assist and support the region’s operational team, Regional Managers and Operations Managers in developing OLBP’s and coaching them on financial acumen to allow for the analysis and interpretation of financial reports.
- Collaborate with the Compensation team and Legal in the administration and communication of LTIP for Regional Directors.
- Record and communicate Capital Receivable Position on all Owner Dentist to Regional Partner(s).
- Calculate cash flow distribution and ensure all DDS are ACH enabled.
- Complete fluctuation analysis on key accounts.
- Responsible to exercise general financial oversight in their geographic region to insure compliance with policies, procedures, standards and controls.
- Mentor Regional Finance Mangers on strategies to increase operational effectiveness and drive revenue.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Master's Degree with concentration in Accounting or Finance, and 10+ years' work experience in the Accounting field with at least 2 years in a supervisory role. In lieu of degree, 12+ years of professional experience is required.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience with medical or dental businesses.
- CPA license.
- Familiarity with Oracle accounting / reporting software a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.