Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Location : External Name
- Pacific Dental Services
The primary role of the Sr Accountant is to handle certain higher risk account reconciliations and assist in the month-end close for the Accounting Department as needed. The Sr Accountant is the point person for journal entries, schedules, accruals, and allocations associated with the month-end close. Strong interpersonal communication skills are required to communicate with several different support departments and staff.
- Support general accounting in the month-end close cycle by handling account reconciliations and tasks related to:
- PCard accounts
- Suspense accounts
- Prepaid expense accounts
- Fixed assets accounts
- Inventory accounts
- Notes receivable/payable
- Revenue and Expense analysis
- Reconcile cash and payroll accounts weekly.
- Reviewing and posting journal entries to ensure transactions are properly and accurately recorded.
- Review and approval of accounts payable invoices.
- Researching and responding to inquiries.
- Conceptualize and prepare financial reports and other reports as needed.
- Review current procedures and recommend scalable solutions to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of department transactions and projects.
- Accurate calculation of monthly accruals by analyzing and interpreting historical trends.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Accounting, and 2+ years related work experience (audit/public accounting experience a plus). In lieu of degree, 6+ years of full cycle accounting experience is required.
- Strong understanding of GAAP. Strong computer skills with competent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software applications.
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Experience with Oracle Fusion is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant license in the state of California preferred.
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.