Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Accountant of Financial Reporting & Equity Accounting
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Location : External Name
- Pacific Dental Services
The primary role of the Senior Accountant of Financial Reporting and Partnership Sales is to prepare monthly GAAP consolidated financial statements and prepare accounting entries for partnership sales. Position reports directly to the Director of Financial Reporting and Partnership Sales.
- Prepare consolidated monthly GAAP financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement for over 800 entities companywide including extensive eliminations
- Assist with research, interpretation and application of GAAP accounting standards and pronouncements including preparation of technical memorandums that document issues clearly, concisely and logically
- Prepare accounting journal entries for equity transactions including partnership sales, which requires working closely with the Legal department
- Assist in preparation of year-end audited financial statements and footnotes
- Communication with external auditors on fieldwork, audited financial statements, and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures
- Reconcile capital receivable accounts across all regions monthly
- Support month-end and year-end close
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Accounting, and 4 to 8 years related work experience including audit/public accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
- Experience with financial statement consolidations including extensive eliminations
- Experience with equity accounting transactions
- Strong computer skills with competent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software applications.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with competing priorities and meeting frequent deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and can spot errors and discrepancies in financial data quickly and accurately.
- Experience with Oracle, Smart View and FCCS (Hyperion)
- Certified Public Accountant license
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.