Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor, Accounts Payable
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Location : External Name
- National Support Center
The primary role of the Supervisor, Accounts Payable is to ensure the timely and accurate payment and recording of authorized obligations, in accordance with company policies ensuring accurate and timely financials for all PDS affiliated offices. The incumbent demonstrates strong leadership abilities, positive attitude and excellent communication skills and is committed to achieving predetermined goals while working within the framework of the Accounts Payable and Accounting Department policies. This role will act as the right-hand to the Accounts Payable Manager.
- Work closely with AP Manager in overseeing the daily operations of the accounts payable team and provide problem resolution.
- Under a team environment, ensure work load is delegated appropriately and staff is able to complete on a timely basis.
- Provide support and guidance to AP team to ensure completeness and accuracy of invoice coding, including proper GL coding and other required information such as sales tax information and project information.
- Provide support and guidance to AP team in resolving issues involving holds and rejects from approver.
- Ensure vendors' account reconciliation is current and accurate.
- Monitor the AP Aging balance and execute appropriate actions to ensure vendors balance are current.
- Perform large invoice allocations and load invoice file to Accounting system.
- Ensure timely payments to suppliers and other stakeholders through different payment methods, including purchasing cards, electronic, and checks.
- Support team members in resolving payment issues including mismatch of payment method and pay group and remittance notification discrepancies.
- Assist with month end related activities.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement AP related processes and procedures to improve efficiency of workflow.
- Provide effective coaching in an effort to identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Actively participate in the Perfect Patient Experience® by demonstrating a positive attitude and doing everything possible to ensure all PDS affiliated offices needs are met.
- Assist AP Manager with interviewing and selecting new applicants, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and salary administration.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Accounting, Business Finance or related field. In lieu of degree, 6+ years’ of experience is required or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years’ supervisory experience with large AP volume.
- Experience in Oracle or other ERP.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- 5+ years related full cycle AP work experience.
- Strong abilities in managing the daily operations of department(s) or work unit while developing short to medium term (1-3 years) goals.
- Fostering employee development by providing a supportive learning environment.
- Highly developed teambuilding, influencing, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to direct the work of others and work as a team leader in attainment of goals.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle and maintain extreme confidentially with employee records, compensation information, etc.
- Ability to draw valid conclusions; apply sound judgment in making decisions, and make decisions under pressure.
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.