Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Billing and Collecting Representative
at Oasis Behavioral Health
***MONETARY INCENTIVES AVAILABLE FOR MEETING COLLECTION GOALS.***
SHIFT: MONDAY - FRIDAY 7:00AM - 3:30PM
- Call and status outstanding claims with third party payors.
- Review claims issues and make corrections as needed and rebill.
- Utilize claims clearing house to review and correct claims. Resubmit electronically when available.
- Review explanation of benefits to ascertain that claim processed and paid correctly.
- Complete adjustment forms if any adjustments need to be made to an account and attach all supporting documentation.
- Manage daily productivity via patient accounting system and productivity reports. Needs to maintain an average of 30-40 accounts worked per day minimum.
- Prorate patient accounts and monitor that balance due is in the correct financial class.
- Report an overview of the week to the BOD and participate in AR meetings.
- Gather and interpret data from system and understands appropriate course of action to take and initiates time-sensitive and strategic steps resulting in payment.
- Assist financial counselors as needed.
- Alert Financial Counselors and Business Office Director of all benefit eligibility matters that suggest or challenge reimbursement.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three or more years’ prior admissions and or collections experience in a hospital setting required.
- Psychiatric experience preferred.
- Not applicable
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances
(e.g. emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the job holder based upon business needs and at the request of Facility.