Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Biller Collector (Part Time)
at Oasis Behavioral Health
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: d582ddc0-5366-4bd0-aaf1-c637e038c194
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Collections, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitoring Accounts- Use the HMS collection module to monitor accounts from the A/R reports.
- Verify claim receipt-Payers are contacted within two weeks of billing to verify claim receipt. Resubmit claims immediately if not received.
- Denials- Denials are resubmitted within two days of receipt.
- Requests for information- Payers are supplied with the information they requested within two days of receipt.
- Monthly Statements- To bill co pays and deductibles, statements are billed monthly
- Authorization issues- Claims denied for authorization issues are responded to by UR within 5 days after the spreadsheet is given to them. Incorrect rates-
- Overpayments- Claims paid at an incorrect rate are submitted within 3 days of payment receipt
- Account Audits- Accounts are audited to maintain the integrity of the outstanding balance
- DES Invoices- DES invoices are reviewed to insure that OBH is liable for each child on the invoice
- Utilize HMS to fill claims- Bills all claims to payers utilizing HMS, daily census and payer authorizations
- Claims requirements- Bill all claims per payer requirements
- Payment Responsibility- Vendor invoices are reviewed to determine payment responsibility
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience, preferably in a hospital setting.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!