Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PBMares is a leading accounting and business consulting firm serving the Mid Atlantic, as well as specialty areas nationwide and internationally. With over 270 employees in Virginia and Maryland, we are a full-service accounting and advisory firm with a strong reputation for integrity and ethical leadership. We are also a firm that has experienced uninterrupted growth throughout our 50-year history. Since 2016 we have earned the honor of being named as one of the nations Top 100 accounting firms by INSIDE Public Accounting, the leading public accounting publication. With so much to offer professionals at all experience levels, PBMares is one firm you definitely want to get to know when youre ready to move forward in your career.
We are in search of a Payroll Manager to join our Newport News, VA office. This is a newly created role that is responsible for full cycle payroll for over 270 multistate employees.
- Manage and prepare semi-monthly payroll for 200+ employees, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by interpreting existing and new legislation
- Analyze, audit, reconcile and resolve payroll and timekeeping processing and employee payroll issues
- Critically review and analyze current payroll procedures, maintain and update current payroll procedures to ensure maximum efficiency, and recommend/implement changes leading to best practices
- Coordinate with Human Resources and Internal Accounting to assure complete coordination of pay, benefits, and deductions for new and existing employees
- Coordinate with our existing vendors to ensure complete and accurate administration of the firms 401(k) and other benefit plans
- Ensure compliance with wage and hour and reporting regulations
- Assist in the accurate and timely delivery of annual W-2 and 1095-C forms
- Assist in preparation of internal and external audits
- Prepare, review, and submit payroll and benefit journal entries to Internal Accounting
- Manage preparation of relevant management reports including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, etc.)
- Compensation support and modeling
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing payroll for an organization with 200+ employees
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred
- Experience with Paychex or other payroll software packages
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Full knowledge of current federal, state and local labor laws, tax requirements and payroll regulations
- Familiarity journal entries and reconciliations as it relates to payroll and benefits administration
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability of work product
Our Firms policy is to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirements of sponsorship at any point in the future.