Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Department Location:||3205/3207 N. Academy, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Administrative / Clerical / Skill Trades|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 27 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Arapahoe, Elbert, and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 850 employees and serves 92,000 patients in the Pikes Peak & East Central Plains region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Job Summary: Staff Accountants support processes that provide for accurate reporting, recording, and reconciliation of financial statements and supplemental data, ensuring that accounting processes and specific entries are correct for all prepared by the Finance Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconciles, analyzes, prepares journal entries and ensures that transactions are accurate, recorded properly, and balance to include balancing and agreement of data to external accounting systems for all assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts in accordance with GAAP, GAAS, and FASB. Ensures the process for recording supplemental accounting ledgers results in transactions is being recorded correctly and accompanying documentation is thorough and accurate and posted in the correct time period.
- Makes all fixed asset journal entries in an accurate manner.
- Ensures that supplemental ledgers such as Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll are reconciled and confirmed prior to recording entries in the financial statements.
- Prepares audit work papers, ensuring accuracy and compliance with various external requirements in conjunction with the Senior Accountants to the Director of Finance.
- Assists in the preparation of the 990, FFR, cost reports, financial sections of grant applications, UDS Report, and other grant budgets.
- Prepares grant accounting to include budget preparation, based on program design, completing the funder’s submission requirements and preparing grant implementation reports for leadership and the funder(s).
- Identifies and trends any areas of concern and brings to the attention of management for resolution and assurance of financial statement integrity.
- Ensures financial information is prepared in accordance with GAAP, GAAS, FASB and other standards.
- Ensures supporting documentation and the logic of entries are defensible prior to sharing the information outside the Finance Department. Reports and resolves any high-risk accounting areas to ensure the integrity of the accounting records.
- Promotes and demonstrates the mission, vision, and Core Values of Peak Vista.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all departments, the management team, medical staff, and leadership.
- Embraces cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our community.
- Responsible for the human, financial, and material resources as well as data and information entrusted to us.
- Strives to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements.
- Enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improvement goals.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or a closely related field. Successful and relevant work experience combined with professional certifications and/or training requiring rigorous effort in the discipline of accounting, finance or business administration may be accepted in lieu of a degree (four years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree).
Two years of directly related experience in accounting or finance required. Healthcare accounting, non-profit accounting, budgeting, and supplemental accounting systems (AP, AR, Fixed Assets) experience is preferred.
Computer Skills Ability to access the intra/internet to manage timecard, review policies and procedures, and read company communications; use e-mail to communicate with co-workers, leadership, and other departments; use and create a variety of templates in Excel, complex tables, merges; manage table data, sort and filter merges, and also perform basic work with existing Macros; customize toolbars, import and insert graphs, embed Excel data, and elaborate reports; work with multiple worksheets, filter data, use integrate functions, and manipulate databases; customize templates and the PowerPoint environment, and to make a presentation interactive by using hyperlinks and action buttons
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required to stand and walk.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.