Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hotel Night Auditor- $500 Sign-on Bonus!
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- AMERISTAR BLACK HAWK
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Hotel Services
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Black Hawk, we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Responsible for Front Desk operations overnight, including overseeing Front Desk agents, Telecommunications, and Bell staff in the performance of their duties.
- Provides direction and support for all staff members in order to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Ensures all Front Desk team members receive proper training with emphasis on detail, in order to provide service levels consistent with company standards.
- Oversees customer check-in/check-out.
- Conducts all cash handling in accordance with established policy and monitors variances daily.
- Monitors telephone communication via call monitoring system.
- Authorized to verify pre-approved room comping levels and authorized to change incorrect information.
- Processes discrepancy reports, rate variations, and credit reports.
- Works with Housekeeping and Casino Marketing to ensure timely guest check-in and maximum occupancy.
- Coordinates VIP arrivals and ensures all arrangements have been confirmed prior to arrival.
- Ensures all eligible card holders are pre-registered, and room is checked prior to arrival.
- Monitors volume to ensure fast, friendly, and efficient service.
- Ensures that guest problems/complaints are managed in an effective, courteous manner.
- Performs the night audit for date roll.
- Maintains knowledge of hotel, community, and special events in order to accurately provide guests with needed information.
- Performs duties of Front Desk agents and other Front Desk and Services team members as needed.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in hospitality industry in a supervisory capacity required.
- Knowledge of casino/hotel industry strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including overnight, weekends, holidays, and fluctuating days off.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer