Phoenix Elementary School District #1
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll and Accounts Payable Technician
at Phoenix Elementary School District #1
This position is a grade 11 on the non-exempt Support Staff Salary Schedule and is eligible for benefits.
Salary placement is $15.96 to $17.59 per hour, depending on experience.
To meet our students’ needs, we must meet our staff’s needs. All staff must have resources and must be accurately compensated for their work each payday. The Payroll and Accounts Payable Technician ensures payroll and purchasing functions are done effectively, efficiently and in compliance with law. This multi-tasker extraordinaire enjoys working with numbers and enjoys supporting our staff even more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and edit payroll and encumbrance records to ensure accuracy in timekeeping, assignments, leave balances and budgeting on a biweekly basis.
- Provide assistance to employees with regards to payroll related inquiries, including warrants, deductions, distributions, retro-pays, leave balances, termination pay, and other general inquires.
- File and maintain accurate clerical records and reports pertinent to accounting, including vendor records, invoices, receipts, vouchers, disbursements, and other account activity.
- Assist in balancing and auditing accounts for accuracy and conformance to departmental, county and state procedures.
- Utilize District technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending District training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by director.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the functions of the position.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting, and payroll assignments involving advanced record keeping
- Experience in public school systems that demonstrates prior compliance with pertinent laws and policies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Department organization, methods, standards and practices.
- Standard business practices/methods and procedures.
- Communicating effectively, orally and in writing.
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Prioritizing multiple tasks, work under stress, meet deadlines and take direction.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Perform general operations that require exercising sound judgement.
- Perform duties with awareness of all District requirements and School Board Policies.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Analytical Thinking
- Detail Oriented
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. The employee must use hands, arms and fingers to input data, handle, feel or reach; employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and can vary in temperature. The nature of this position is fast-paced and may occasionally be thought of as stressful. Through interaction with the public and other district employees, the employee may encounter different scents.
WE ARE PHOENIX #1!
At Phoenix Elementary School District #1, we are Inspiring Every Child to Achieve, educating the future leaders of Phoenix! We’re looking for passionate people who want to shape the future to join in our mission. The education of our children is a shared responsibility among our community, and we encourage you to apply for the opportunity to be part of that.
Every member of our Phoenix #1 family—from our top leadership team to our bus drivers, our nutrition team to our nurses, and our teachers to our technology gurus is shaping the lives of our students every day. It’s not just our work; it is our passion!
We are a Kindergarten through 8th grade school district in Phoenix, Arizona, established in 1871 as the first free public school district in Arizona. The district boundaries cover an area from 16th Street to 23rd Avenue, and Buckeye Road to Thomas Road.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
Our 14 schools are in the heart of hip Phoenix.
We are educating the future leaders of Phoenix.
We are accessible by Phoenix Light Rail.
We want you to relax and refuel with healthy vacation time.
We have University partners that offer discounted tuition.
The statements in this job description describe the essential function and requirements as assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. Job descriptions are subject to change. Employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive fingerprint and background check. Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity gender expression, age, or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.PESD1 is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Lauren Pagnotta, HR Coordinator, at (602) 257-6072 at least 3 days in advance.
Job Contact Information
Friday, November 15, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)