Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accountant III, Corporate Accounting
at Pilot Company
At Pilot Company, our care and commitment to our team members comes from a deeply rooted history that started nearly 60 years ago. Since that opening we have celebrated many accomplishments and have stayed true to our mission of "Connecting people and places with comfort, care and a smile at every stop." Join our challenging, fast-paced work environment at our corporate headquarters based in Knoxville, Tennessee and you’ll work alongside industry-leaders and benefit from our record-setting growth.
In Addition, Pilot Company offers benefits to all Team Members. From health benefits (Medical, Vision, Dental, HRA and FSA), to financial (Competitive Salaries, 401k, Tuition & Adoption Reimbursement, Paternity Leave), as well as progressive technology, on-site fitness center/classes, access to leadership, and career advancement. At Pilot Company, we have abundant opportunities for all team members!
The purpose of this job is to perform the most complex activities associated with general ledger, financial and operating reports, and budget analysis.
1.Perform general accounting activities including the preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements, and capital expenditure schedules
2.Prepare, record, analyze, and report accounting transactions and ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
3.Provide financial support, including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget
4.Analyze and prepare statutory accounts, financial statements, and reports
5.Conduct or assist in the documentation of accounting projects
6.Perform special projects as assigned
7.Compile, consolidate, and analyze accounting and finance information to produce financial statements and reports
8.May coach, lead, or direct others’ work
9.Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
10.Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
11.Complete other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
* Minimum five years’ experience in accounting or related area required
* 2 years’ public accounting preferred
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
* Familiarity with Lawson or general ledger (GL) accounting software preferred
* Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) preferred
* Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
* Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
* Strong teamwork, problem solving, conflict management, influencing, and negotiation skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate financial principles and practices with non-finance team members
* Ability to exercise judgment and make decisions in determining company policies and strategies affecting company financial performance
* Ability to meet deadlines, work extended hours when necessary, and perform work with a high sense of urgency