Pilot Flying J
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Accounting Associate, Accounts Payable
at Pilot Flying J
At Pilot Company, our care and commitment to our team members comes from a deeply rooted history that started nearly 60 years ago. Since that opening we have celebrated many accomplishments and have stayed true to our mission of "Connecting people and places with comfort, care and a smile at every stop." Join our challenging, fast-paced work environment at our corporate headquarters based in Knoxville, Tennessee and you’ll work alongside industry-leaders and benefit from our record-setting growth.
In Addition, Pilot Company offers benefits to all Team Members. From health benefits (Medical, Vision, Dental, HRA and FSA), to financial (Competitive Salaries, 401k, Tuition & Adoption Reimbursement, Paternity Leave), as well as progressive technology, on-site fitness center/classes, access to leadership, and career advancement. At Pilot Company, we have abundant opportunities for all team members!
The purpose of this job is to perform routine accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger, as well as prepare various accounting statements, financial reports, and accounts payable or receivable functions for less complex accounts.
1.Prepare, record, verify, analyze, and report accounts payable or receivable transactions
2.Pay vendor invoices and receive and post customer payments on a timely basis
3.Maintain and reconcile accounts payable or receivable ledger accounts, financial statements and reports
4.Prepare analyses and reconciliations to detect fraud
5.Ensure that transaction entry verification procedures are followed
6.Prepare and deliver customer billing or vendor payments and respond to resulting queries
7.Maintain primary financial data for use in accounting records
8.Classify, compute, and record financial information
9.Check the accuracy of figures and calculations related to business transactions
10.Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
11.Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
12.Complete other duties as assigned
* Associate degree in accounting or finance required
* Minimum five years’ experience in accounting or related area required
* Accounts payable experience required
* General Ledger experience required
* Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate financial principles and practices with non-finance team members
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required
* Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
* Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
* Strong teamwork and problem solving skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to meet deadlines, work extended hours when necessary, and perform work with a high sense of urgency
* Respond to inquiries via e-mail and phone call