Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1355 - Financial Operations Technician - Central Finance (Financial Operations Division)
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position is in the Pima County Finance & Risk Management Department.
Salary Grade: 33
This position is located in the Financial Operations (Accounts Payable) Division of the Department of Finance and Risk Management. The successful candidate will work in a team environment to ensure the timely processing of invoices and claims for payment to Pima County vendors, employees, and other claim holders.
Proof of education will be required at time of interview.
- (Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Reviews and verifies accounts payable and/or payroll documentation from manual or automated sources ensuring accuracy in calculation, coding and adherence to Pima County policies and procedures;
Keys data into database that results in payment to vendors, employees or other claim holders;
Acts as a liaison with County departments, employees and vendors by researching and providing responses to inquiries on invoices;
Researches, verifies and processes problem invoices and lost warrants;
Prepares stop payments and reissues warrants when appropriate;
Reviews and reconciles daily batch control and input control sheets for the accounting resources management systems;
Researches, verifies and posts adjustments for discrepancies identified on daily batch input controls;
Responds to inquiries from county departments, employees and vendors relative to issuance of warrants for payroll, goods and services provided to County departments;
May prepare cost transfers;
May train other less experienced department personnel in the accounting activities of the work unit.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- general accounting and bookkeeping principles;
- county Finance and Risk Management Department operating policies and procedures;
- county manual and automated accounting systems and software programs;
- principles and practices of customer service;
- county administrative and procurement policies and procedures.
- preparing, verifying, proofreading and reconciling accounting documentation;
- making arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy;
- accurately entering data into computer systems;
- providing customer service to the work unit, county personnel and outside sources;
- applying county procurement and accounting policies and procedures.
- Minimum Qualifications
(1) An Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting or a closely related field as identified by the appointing authority and two years of experience performing accounting or bookkeeping clerical duties related to accounts payable or payroll processing. (Additional relevant education from an accredited college or university /experience may be substituted.)
(2) Four years of experience performing accounting or bookkeeping clerical duties related to accounts payable or payroll processing.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
(Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Experience utilizing a mainframe or enterprise system to process invoice payments.
- Experience working in a high volume or large Accounts Payable office.
- Excellent teamwork and customer service experience.
- Proficient experience using Outlook, Excel and Adobe.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions require a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application. Failure to maintain the required licensure shall be grounds for termination.
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.