Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
5213 - Finance Analyst Supervisor - Finance Department
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position is in the Grants Management & Innovation Department.
Salary Grade: 64
This classification, which is used exclusively by the Central Finance department, supervises and participates in the analysis, review, preparation and revisions for all County departments' operating Capital Improvement Program (CIP) budgets and/or cash flow projections; performs collection efforts for all applicable County departments; co-ordinates, monitor and evaluate grants for all County departments.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Supervises and reviews budget, cash, collections and grant reporting analyses and projections prepared by staff to insure accuracy, completeness and appropriateness of recommendations;
Coordinates preparation of the operating and Capital Improvement Program budgets for all County departments;
Prepares, analyzes, reviews and reports cash flow projections and collection efforts;
Consults with and advises all County departments regarding cash flow projections;
Supervises, conducts, and participates in special short and long range, County wide financial related research studies and develops reports with findings and recommendation;
Consolidates revenue and expenditure projections for all County departments, analyzes and evaluates trends, identifies problems and recommends solutions;
Consults with and advises all County departments regarding policies and procedures for budget preparations and monitoring, collection and monitoring of accounts receivable and monitoring grant application preparation and submission;
Assist in the development of methods and procedures for budget and fiscal analysis and control;
Assists manager in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for operating and CIP budgets, collections of accounts receivable; cash flow analysis and grant preparation and submissions;
Consolidates the recommended operating budget for review by the Board of Supervisors;
Assists in the preparation of the budget schedule and revision of the budget manual, forms, and presentation format;
Assists in the development of computer applications, screens, and reports for the Operating and CIP budgets, and tests systems for integrity and reliability of data;
Collects data for and prepares the tax levy for all taxing districts of Pima County;
Works with all County departments and outside consultants in the development of forecasting models and databases;
Monitors all grants to ensure compliance with grant provisions, County policies and procedures as well as local, state and federal regulations;
Performs collections efforts of all delinquent departmental accounts receivables;
Supervises, trains and evaluates staff.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- mathematics, research design and methodology, and statistical analysis as they apply to budgetary control and financial management and research projects;
- management analysis as it applies to organizational financial systems;
- the preparation of analytical reports and studies;
- research methods and report presentation techniques;
- budget reporting systems and controls;
- principles and practices of management as they apply to organizational structures and reporting relationships;
- data collection, research, and audit practices, methods and techniques;
- general governmental financial and budgetary principles and practices;
- automated accounting systems, and word processing, spreadsheet and database applications;
- the principles and practices of effective supervision;
- the impact of relevant laws, statutes, and ordinances as they apply to financial, grant and budget processes;
- local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations as they pertain to financial and budget management.
- analyzing, interpreting and reporting research findings and making appropriate recommendations;
- analyzing management and organizational systems for operational efficiencies.
- researching, analyzing, interpreting and auditing financial and budgetary data and preparing reports on findings;
- performing applicable statistical and mathematical analysis;
- communicating effectively, both orally and in writing;
- identifying budgetary problems and developing concise recommendations for revision and improvement;
- using computer-based resources to facilitate assigned work;
- planning, organizing and reviewing the work of others.
- Minimum Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in public or business administration, finance, accounting, economics, or a related field and three years of professional level budget, auditing or accounting analysis, financial management research, or fiscal administration experience and two years of lead or supervisory experience. (The two years of lead or supervisory experience may be concurrent with the aforementioned budget or financial experience.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience in preparing and developing annual grant and governmental budgets.
- Experience/proficiency at an expert level using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience developing and implementing training curriculums for staff.
- Experience within the last three (3) years researching, analyzing, interpreting, reconciling, developing and producing grant and governmental reports, budgets and analyses.
- Understanding and knowledge of 2 CFR 200 Uniform Grant Guidance.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Risk Management's review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.