Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
7010 - Clerk - Senior - Unclassified (Internship - Revenue Management & Audit Division)
at Pima County
- Position Description
This intermittent intern position is with the Revenue Management & Audit Division of the Pima County Finance & Risk Management Department.
Salary Grade: U1
Copy of college transcripts must be uploaded with completed application.
This intern position is assigned to the Pima County Finance and Risk Management Revenue Management & Audit Division and may include the following duties:
- Assist with the daily preparation of deposits.
- Perform reconciliations between departmental records and accounting information, researching as needed.
- Become familiar with the County's enterprise system and utilize it to query for transactions and documents in the system.
- Review revenue and receivable-related documents and reports for accuracy.
- Create or update spreadsheets used for tracking and controlling revenue and receivable-related documents.
- Send collection letters to past-due customers.
- Organize collection files to determine the status and any action needed.
This is appointed, unclassified and exempt from the Pima County Merit System Rules.
Proof of education will be required at time of interview.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Transcribes from electronic dictation equipment and prepares confidential correspondence and reports;
Provides general information pertaining to departmental or program activities, or detailed information concerning the specific function of the work unit;
Indexes, classifies, codes and files various records, reports and other documents;
Responds to questions or procedural problems by performing research and conveying information to the appropriate individual;
Enters data into computers, updates computer records and proofreads printouts for errors;
Receives mailed and over-the-counter payments, issues receipts and verifies daily cash intake with receipts;
Posts time cards, time sheets, and maintains payroll and leave records;
Stamps, sorts and distributes incoming mail and sorts, seals and affixes postage to outgoing mail;
Verifies and records invoices, fund transfers and payments, and posts them to ledgers or other account documents;
Completes departmental forms, checks applications for completeness and accuracy, issues licenses and permits;
Types routine correspondence, memoranda and other materials;
Copies, collates and distributes reports and other documents.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- business English, grammar, composition and spelling;
- chronological, alphabetical and numerical filing procedures and file maintenance;
- office practices and procedures.
- transcribing dictation using dictating equipment;
- use of word processing software;
- coding, classifying, recording, filing and retrieving information;
- understanding and following oral and written instructions;
- making arithmetical calculations;
- operating various office equipment;
- proofreading computer printouts and other materials;
- interacting with the public.
- Minimum Qualifications
Recent graduate of or currently a Sophomore, Junior or Senior at an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, finance or a closely related field.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions require a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application. Failure to maintain the required licensure shall be grounds for termination.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.