Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Prager Metis
Prager Metis CPAs, LLC seeks a Senior Auditor for our Poughkeepsie, NY location. We seek a self-motivated professional with a genuine desire to embrace this challenging career opportunity to work in a team-oriented environment while taking on a variety of assignments. Qualified individuals will have the opportunity to join our employee friendly corporate culture, which also offers excellent career growth and mobility.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead client audit engagements, which include planning executing, directing, and completing financial statement audits.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statement presentation.
- Knowledge generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Supervise, train and mentor associates and interns on audit process.
- Research and analyze financial statement and audit related issues.
- Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting
- CPA License a plus
- Minimum of 3 + years of public accounting experience
- A good understanding GAAP and GAAS
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to function at a high level in a deadline driven, time-sensitive environment
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
We are proud to offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401k, flex spending, vacation, and paid holidays.
Prager Metis CPAs, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, employment status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by law. Prager Metis also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state laws.