Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Prescott College
The primary role of payroll specialist performs all activities necessary to process payroll, including maintaining related records and filing tax reports. This position is responsible for bi-weekly processing of payroll as well as on demand purchases and procurement. This position maintains all payroll tax reports, 403(b) deposits, payroll garnishments as well as purchase orders/requests and deliveries.
* Prepare a computerized payroll on a bi-weekly basis. Verify time worked from all departments, enter into computer system, and edit reports generated.
* Responsible for all payroll tax activities, including compliance with State and Federal regulations and IRS 941 tax reports on a quarterly basis.
* Reconcile, prepare for processing, and distribute employee's W2 tax forms. This duty is performed annually.
* Verify, reconcile, and update fringe benefit payments to ensure compliance with tax withholding and reporting requirements.
* Coordinate the preparation of payroll reports on a weekly and monthly basis as needed. This duty is performed monthly.
* Maintain electronic direct deposit transmittals on a bi-weekly basis. This duty is performed bi-weekly.
* Monitor and assess employees in all payroll operation procedures. This duty is performed bi-weekly.
* Maintain and reconcile Retirement Plan deposits on a bi-weekly basis. Reconciliations quarterly.
* Respond and process wage garnishment and levy information as needed.
* Ensure the proper set up of deductions, benefits, and taxes in payroll software as needed.
* Ensure the proper limits for taxes and benefits are established. This duty is performed annually.
* Process employee transaction approvals.
* Review and submit any payroll related check requests for payment as needed.
* Assist supervisors with payroll related issues in a professional manner.
* Review and process purchase requests from staff.
* Research and procure items from purchase requests.
* Continuous learning in both personal and professional development.
* Consistent review, comprehension and reply of company email and related correspondence.
* Other duties may be assigned
Skill / Requirements
- Minimum Associate's Degree or 3-5 years payroll experience
- In-depth knowledge of laws and regulations that govern compensation.
- Committed problem solver as it relates to interpersonal relations and software issues.
- Must be extremely organized.
- ACH experience and other electronic transmittals.
- Above average computer skills (Word, Excel, and email).
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an environment characterized by large workloads, deadline pressures and high standards.
- A service-oriented approach and an awareness of the needs and concerns of a private, liberal arts college are required.
- Excellent written, oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, the ability to exercise sound judgment and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, counselors, alumni and other constituents.
- A valid drivers license and the ability to travel and work nights and weekends as necessary.
TO APPLY: https://jobs.prescott.edu/payroll-specialist-0
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.