Prime General LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Manager - Construction
at Prime General LLC
Reports to: Director of Treasury
The Accounts Payable Manager - Construction will provide guidance and business support to a growing real estate development operation. The Accounts Payable Manager - Construction will work directly with the company's Director of Treasury and CEO and play an active role in the construction accounting functions for a growing development firm handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manages AP department, including vendor relations, the AP disbursement process, 1099 and tax-related matters for 3 ERP systems.
- Manages accounts payable functions including maintenance of accounts payable and project cost accounting.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of Timberscan approval workflow.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial information, as needed.
- Provides accounting assistance to project managers and accounting staff.
- Responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Monitors spending for adherence to budge; recommends variances, as necessary.
- Track expenses and revenues vs. budget and reforecast and analyze fluctuations.
- Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between the company, government and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product.
- Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Motivates employees including providing salary, bonus and promotion recommendations within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in an accounts payable leadership role.
- Experience in construction and real estate required.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Word).
- Experience in Timberscan and Sage 300 CRE, preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with accountants, clients, and upper management.
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately, critical.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast-paced, dynamic environment with tight deadlines.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with our organization. While only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Equal Opportunity Employer