Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Accounting Specialist
at PrimeWest Mortgage
FirstBank Lubbock Bancshares began with the vision of one man, Barry Orr, and a promise. Barry promised his wife and friends that he would start a bank that would become profitable through relationships, hard work and determination. "It is our goal to be the BEST community bank in the Lubbock area," states Barry Orr, Chairman & CEO. "We knew we could help build a better Lubbock by serving the needs of customers our way."The Mortgage Accounting Specialist is responsible for booking loan fundings, purchases, and payments to the general ledger; processing, reviewing, and tracking invoices; validating TBA security trades used for hedging purposes; calculating loan officer commissions; preparing monthly reports related to financial and production results; and helping ensure the accuracy of the financial statements.
The role also assists the Mortgage CFO with the Mortgage Bankers’ Financial Report, communicating data to member banks, ensuring policies and procedures are up-to-date, reviewing recons from the Recon & Control department, and special projects.
- II. PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs in depth analyses of Mortgage Operations at PrimeWest. Communicates findings to CFO and provides suggestions for process improvement.
- On a monthly basis, processes commissions and provides commission reports to Finance, Payroll, and Human Resources.
- Monitors and reports investor pricing discrepancies.
- Ensures receipt of funds due to the organization.
- Executes routine accounts payable tasks including the following:
- Processes payments to vendors
- Sends invoices to HTLF inbox for entering
- Enters and posts recurring payments and manual checks,
- Answers vendor and employee inquiries
- Troubleshoots vendor statements, reconciling items and other discrepancies
- Prepares accounts payable reports.
- Posts general ledger entries into Prologue related to loan funding, payments, and purchases.
- Validates hedging trades between the broker/dealer and Mortgage Industry Advisory Corp.
- Processes Mortgage Accounts to ensure the accurate transfer of servicing funds between custodial accounts.
- Reviews reconciling items reported by the Recon & Control Department and works to clear such items.
- Provides loan data to direct parent (First Bank & Trust) on portfolio loan activity, as well as books bank-side accounting entries and cash transfers.
- Reconciles Fannie Mae schedule recons and reports findings to Servicing Department and Mortgage CFO.
- Provides significant input to the Mortgage CFO in the preparation of monthly dashboard and other internal mortgage production reports, as necessary.
- Assists Mortgage CFO with the quarterly reporting of the Mortgage Bankers’ Financial Report.
- Assists Mortgage CFO with other special projects.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
SECONDARY & NONESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties as assigned
III: SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
IV: REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1 - 3 years accounting experience required; experience in Accounting or Mortgage industry highly preferred
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Advanced skills using Excel; <VLOOKUP> and <SUMIF>
- Knowledge of Prologue, FICS Mortgage Servicer, and Encompass software systems preferred, but not required.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
It's always more fun to say "hello" and "thank you" in person, but in today’s electronic world, such opportunities are often diminished. Taking time to visit our career site might be the beginning of a relationship, or it might be one more way of continuing a relationship that has been in place for some time. Either way, we would like to say "welcome" to PrimeWest Mortgage and extend an invitation to visit us any time at any of our locations.
At PrimeWest Mortgage, we believe that outstanding customer service is the most important core value we can offer you. Our employees strive for it by understanding your particular situation and providing products and services that exceed your expectations. We know that customer trust and satisfaction must be earned every day and in every way.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will