Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Financial Analyst
at PRO EM
Job Title: Sr. Financial Analyst
Status: Full Time
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing financial statements and predicting the future performance of the company whilst maintaining and complying with accounting policies and procedures that ensure the highest level of efficiency, appropriate internal controls, and compliance with US GAAP. The Financial Analyst will participate in routine activities, but not limited to, such as keeping track of companys financial plan, analyzing the companys performance alongside changes and market trends.
- Financial Reporting
- Utilize knowledge of the company and industry to prepare financial analysis on key operating results.
- Prepare month end variance analysis on financial results.
- Monitor and investigate gross margin variances/trends of open and closed events.
- Provide timely, accurate and insightful reporting and analysis on monthly and quarterly results against budget, plan, forecasts and prior year.
- Gather and integrate significant financial data necessary for a financial plan.
- Support Finance Leads to prepare the annual sales and operating plan, monthly financial statement, periodic forecast, and analyze/explain actual performance against plan/ forecast.
- Support the development of all aspects of the annual financial plan by working with managers across the organization.
- Investigate, analyze and help develop solutions to address variances to plan.
- Assists Division leads and Finance leads with special projects related to profitability, business planning and decision making.
- Reviews performance against the plan and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Operational Support
- Create financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives, identify trends, risks and potential areas for improvement. Examples Weekly Revenue Reports and Weekly Flash Reports, Job Costing, Internal resource planning and monitoring.
- On-going review of planned costs for accuracy and consistency.
- Identify and monitor key performance indicators specific to individual departments and provide high impact analysis to department managers. Examples Inventory use or frequency of use.
- Support Chief Financial Officer and other business leaders on special projects as required.
- Collaborate with IT Solution Analysts and Corporate financial reporting team in improving reporting and system applications.
- Ad hoc analysis to meet divisional and corporate needs.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of 3-4 years of progressive accounting experience preferred
- Ability to grasp understanding of business models quickly and independently
- Successful candidates need to have a demonstrated track record of positive results related to Financial Acumen, Competitive Analysis, Strategic Planning and Business Operations. Additionally, needs to demonstrate an understanding of key metrics that supports a successful team.
- Must have a strong background in financial analysis and modeling.
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask as well as work independently
- Must be able to maintain quality of work and at the same time meet multiple deadlines as required
- Ability to co-exist in a team
- Must be a strong communicator coupled with the ability to maintain open communication with customers, internal employees and managers as needed
- Demonstrated proficiency with Advanced Excel, Access skills, PowerPoint, and financial software applications
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of US GAAP
- Thorough planning and organization skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback and the ability to interact and partner with people at all levels and locations