Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Specialist
at Progress Residential
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Job ID
- Job Location
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 33,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
We are looking for someone with a true can-do mentality. Our Accounts Payable Specialist will bring a flexible work attitude to our AP department and will be open to a variety of support tasks, including invoice processing and reconciliations.
You’re self-motivated, prompt and pride yourself on excellent attendance. You enjoy supporting a fast-paced department and can perform daily AP responsibilities with ease. Whether it’s purchase orders or invoices, you can match, verify, receive and correct documents accurately. You proactively research vendor statements and are no stranger to processing AP-related journal entries. If we need to answer vendor and branch calls concerning accounts payable, you’re comfortable hopping on the phone or firing off an email with a professional demeanor. You train our AP Coordinators on new processes and delegate duties on behalf of the AP department.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for high volume, detailed invoice processing. Reconciling vendor statements to minimize past due invoices. Must be organized, experienced with general ledger codes to allocate invoices properly for data entry, multi-task, and meet daily production requirements.
- Review, code, and data entry high volume invoicing on a daily basis.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and resolve discrepancies.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Cross train with other team members.
- Communicate with offsite personnel for invoice resolution.
- Assist in implementing enhanced company processes.
- 2 to 3 or more years of experience in an Accounts Payable department.
- Yardi experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel (Vlookup, pivot tables).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organized work approach.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently when needed.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Honest, ethical and handles things in confidential manner.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v