Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jemez Pueblo
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Responsible for day-to-day accounting, grants and contract management for the Pueblo; ensures all duties are completed for the month in a timely manner. Maintains its fiscal records and responsible for the preparation of financial statements in compliance with regulatory guidelines and requirements. Work closely with Financial Analyst at Jemez Health and Human Services in preparing the annual budget with guidance from Finance Director.
- Reviews and approves journal entries and bank reconciliations prepared by GL accountants.
- Reviews the organization’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies and imbalances.
- Maintains the Tribe's accounting system: ensures all transactions are recorded using the Tribe's Accounting Policies and Procedures manual.
- Ensures tracking capital assets.
- Ensures timely submission of cost reimbursement form and drawdown.
- Ensures timely month end closing. Responsible for generating monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements.
- Prepares and presents Quarterly Financial Statements to Health Board.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets or forecast.
- Assists department managers in reading and interpreting their financial reports and in creating action plan needed to improve their operation.
- Assists in preparation of PBC items for annual single audit.
- Assists with the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the work flow of the department.
- Correspondence on behalf of the Finance Department as directed by the Finance Director.
- Attends meetings as necessary (Program Directors’ Meetings monthly, any other meeting requiring Finance personnel representation).
- Conducts on researching new accounting regulations.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Director.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or a closely related field or MBA; AND at least seven (7) years of professional-level accounting or finance experience. At least three (3) years of supervisory experience required. Experience in budgeting, cost accounting and financial analysis in Health Care Industry preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and GASB.
- The OMB Super Circular, 2 CFR 200.
- IHS Title V & BIA Title IV funding preferable.
- Cost reimbursement forms (Form 425, 270) and drawdown.
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting, auditing etc.)
- Data analysis and forecasting.
- Working knowledge of MS office (especially excel) and accounting software (MIP preferred).
- Auditing and reconciliation principles and methods.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, assigning, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training staff in work procedures.
- Auditing a variety of internal documents, procedures and reports.
- Analyzing, balancing reviewing, interpreting and reconciling financial reports and transactions.
- Ensuring proper authorization and documentation for disbursements and other transactions.
- Preparing clear, concise and complete financial reports, statements, audit reports and work papers.
- Making accurate mathematic and statistical calculations.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Developing effective work teams and motivating individuals to meet goals and objectives and provide customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Using software applications related to accounting functions.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- New Mexico Driver’s License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength and agility to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and in person.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- New employees are required to submit to a background investigation. Employment is contingent upon passing the background investigation.