Pueblo of Laguna
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pueblo of Laguna
Pay: $40,858 to $61,288/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2020-52
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors bank account activities; prepares journal entries; reconciles accounts monthly.
- Reconciles and prepares monthly investment journal entries.
- Monitors annual Capital Improvement Project (CIP) allocations; reviews and approves budget modifications, Requests for Purchase/Check; and reconciles accounts upon close out of each project.
- Reconciles and closes general ledger accounts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis; prepares recurring month end journal entries and for identified discrepancies.
- Conducts internal financial audits of data and processes to ensure accuracy; implements corrective action.
- Reviews revenue and expense trends, and communicates adverse trend results to management along with solutions and recommendations for improvement.
- Communicates budget, expenditure, and compliance issues with Department Directors and Program Managers.
- Compiles statistical analysis for preparing estimates or financial reports.
- Reviews program Cost Statements to ensure that expenditures are accurately and reasonably recorded.
- Provides assistance for year-end closing process; reviews and analyzes balance sheet accounts; ensures accurate recording in preparation for audit.
- Prepares required audit schedules; assists external auditors with audit process.
- Develops/establishes positive working relationships with Pueblo programs and external entities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending relevant training and workshops.
- Contributes to a team effort toward accomplishing tasks and achieving results.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Four (4) years accounting work experience required.
- Two (2) years of Accountant work experience preferred.
- A combination of relevant education and directly related work experience may be considered.
LAGUNA TRIBAL MEMBER PREFERENCE APPLIES
Send the official Pueblo of Laguna application to email@example.com