Pueblo of Laguna
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pueblo of Laguna
Pay: $70,054 to $105,082/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2020-07
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages general ledger transactions, reconciliations, budgeting, financial reporting, investment activities, and cash flow.
- Ensures establishment of sound internal controls; updates/revises as required.
- Ensures compliance with Pueblo, federal, state or local regulations, law, ordinances or other requirements within the department.
- Offers pertinent information, insight and opinion on issues that impact the department and the Pueblo’s financial operations.
- Provides timely and accurate information to the Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer including financial statements, budget projections, cash flow projections, implementation and impacts of new accounting standards or recommended procedural changes.
- Coordinates the annual audit process; ensures timely completion, communicates findings and recommendations, ensures corrective action is implemented.
- Compiles statistical data for preparing estimates or reports.
- Manages employee relations by celebrating, coaching, counseling, disciplining assigned staff. Encourages feedback for continual management improvement.
- Evaluates staff performance in a timely manner. Promotes self-responsibility and accountability.
- Delegates task to appropriate staff to ensure achievement of department goals, objectives, and timelines. Promotes responsibility and accountability throughout the department.
- Communicates organizational values, strategies, and objectives through staff meetings.
- Represents the department and the Pueblo to other entities through effective communication and relationship building initiatives.
- Assesses department’s operating needs to formulate, develop or change, and implement codes, laws, regulations policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending relevant training and workshops and establishing networks with like programs.
- Contributes to a team effort toward accomplishing tasks and achieving results.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Six years of relevant work experience as an accountant, accounting supervisor or manager required.
- Five years of supervisory experience required.
- Experience in grants and contracts administration preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credentials preferred.
LAGUNA TRIBAL MEMBER PREFERENCE APPLIES
Send the official Pueblo of Laguna application to email@example.com