Pueblo of Laguna
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Grant Accounting Technician
at Pueblo of Laguna
Pay: $34,263 to $51,395/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2019-72
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishes electronic and hard copy files for new grants and contracts; schedules initial meeting with grant program manager, identifies any match or in-kind requirements, and determines financial reporting requirements.
- Maintains an updated list of awards; maintains a log of matching and in-kind requirements for each award.
- Monitors and reviews programs’ financial compliance with grant and contract requirements.
- Maintains complete and accurate files; retains all financial and programmatic records in compliance with governing law and policy.
- Reviews grant and contract expenditure requests for funds availability and for compliance with allowed costs.
- Prepares reimbursement reports and draw down requests as needed or as required by the funding agency.
- Prepares and enters journal entries of incoming grant revenue.
- Prepares monthly indirect cost journal entries; submits completed entry to management for review and posting.
- Prepares other journal entries as necessary for review and posting by management.
- Prepares financial status reports as required by funding agencies and submits reports after management review.
- Communicates with funding agencies in all aspects of financial issues for each grant or contract.
- Meets with program managers on a quarterly basis to discuss any budget, expenditure or compliance related issues. Ensures the correction of identified issues.
- Monitors, reviews, and verifies budget modifications submitted by program managers for accuracy and compliance with contract/grant terms. Enters approved information into MIP system.
- Performs close out of grants or contracts within established deadlines.
- Maintains electronic access to relevant websites for submitting drawdown requests and required financial reporting.
- Assists with the annual single audit including the preparation of audit schedules, audit work papers and the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA).
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with program managers, funding agencies and other contacts in course of work.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending relevant training and establishing networks with like programs.
- Contributes to a team effort toward accomplishing tasks and achieving results.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skill / Requirements
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance, or directly related field required.
- Two years of grants/contracts management experience required.
- A combination of directly related education and relevant experience may be considered.
LAGUNA TRIBAL MEMBER PREFERENCE APPLIES
Send the official Pueblo of Laguna application to firstname.lastname@example.org