Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Summary of Duties:
This position involves processing the RK Mechanical, Inc. multi-state, weekly, in-house payroll for 1,900+ employees using Vista Viewpoint. Monitoring the certified payroll received from subcontractors of RK Mechanical. Monitoring Davis Bacon compliance of subcontractors. Maintaining accurate and complete records of project documents. In addition, must possess understanding of U.S. payroll and tax processes.
- Ensure compliance with weekly certified payroll reporting requirements for employees working on contracts subject to the Davis-Bacon Act
- Maintain LCP Tracker
- Responsible for weekly hours imports
- Audit weekly payroll for accuracy
- Process gross-to-net calculation of payroll
- Creation and submission of ACH files
- Process termination checks
- Submit weekly tax deposits
- Submit state new hire reports
- Process garnishment setups and answers
- Audit new hire setups in Viewpoint
- Assist with Quarterly and Annual tax filings
- Provide customer service to employees and outside customers
- Work with operations in correcting coding discrepancies
- Assist the Payroll Manger as needed
Skill / Requirements
- Experience in Certified Payroll / Davis-Bacon / Prevailing Wage payroll required
- Experience on Viewpoint preferred but not required
- Ability to work in high volume, fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred but not required
- Excellent attention to detail and data-entry accuracy required
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills
- Previous Construction industry experience preferred
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected.
- RK Mechanical employees and subcontractors are required to implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices including the training requirement of RK Mechanical Orientation.
- Performs administrative and technical responsibilities.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of concepts, techniques and procedures.
- Coordinates own tasks with a specific range of responsibilities under established procedures.
- Contributes to a team under general supervision of an experienced professional or manager.
- Skilled specialist or recent college/university graduate.
- 3+ years of relevant experience required.
- Requires judgment or initiative in resolving issues and making recommendations