Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Baird Advisors Financial Business Analyst
at Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated
Baird Advisors Financial Business Analyst
Baird Advisors-Fixed Income Asset Management
Baird’s fixed income investment management team manages over $85 billion for institutional clients and high-net-worth individuals. The highly experienced Baird Advisors team has a national reputation as a highly regarded fixed income asset manager with a long-term track record of consistently adding value to the firm. The group offers ten fixed income mutual funds through the Baird Funds family to provide its disciplined portfolio management approach to a wide client base.
The Baird Advisors Business Analyst is a critical role requiring a skill set and aptitude to handle a broad set of responsibilities supporting Baird Advisors and the Baird Funds. This individual will be involved in both recurring and project-based duties that span Finance, Operations and Client Services. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, detail oriented individual who is eager to learn, proactive and ready to contribute to the Baird Advisor team’s continued success. This is a great opportunity to utilize core analytical and problem solving skills and contribute to one of the highest performing teams within the firm. The position requires someone who is open to a variety of tasks and willingness to contribute wherever needed.
As a Business Analyst, you will:
- Perform financial analysis, including AUM and revenue trending, financial projections and reporting, budgeting and strategic planning. Calculate profitability of new business relationships, distribution channels and products.
- Generate quarterly client fee invoices and calculate recurring referral payments.
- Participate in finance and operational discussions and analysis to implement process and systems improvements that increase efficiency and enhance external client and internal financial reporting. Work closely with US Bancorp, the Fund Services Provider for the Baird Funds, to ensure the timely review and payment of all Advisory Fees and Expenses of the Funds.
- Understand operational, trading, client communication and reporting functions across Baird Advisors and the Baird Funds to assist with risk management and business development.
- Serve as a liaison between Baird Advisors and other areas of Baird including: Finance, Compliance, Legal, Marketing/PR, Operations and HR.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of the annual Institutional Investors conference as well as other large client events.
What makes this opportunity great:
- In depth involvement in daily business operations providing depth of knowledge and the ability to have a direct impact on the business.
- Compelling career to learn and work side-by-side with the best in the business.
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to be highly adaptable on a wide range of duties.
- Fast paced and dynamic environment enabling you to learn and grow as a professional.
- Team of associates passionate about achieving great results for clients and the firm while enjoying what we do including giving back to the communities where we live and work.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business degree preferred and minimum 3.0 GPA required) with 2-5 years related work experience within the financial services industry. Background in Accounting is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to build relationships at all levels. A high level of professionalism is mandatory.
- Solid understanding of corporate and market finance principles with desire and ability to become Series 7 & 66 licensed within one year of employment.
- Strong technology skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Ability to become proficient in a variety of other applications as needed (DST Vision, eVestment, Salesforce, Morningstar Direct, Discovery, MMD, etc.).
- Attention to detail, accuracy and reliability are essential with a drive for continuous improvement.
- Commitment to produce high quality, timely and accurate work while meeting strict deadlines.
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently, complete multiple concurrent responsibilities and take initiative.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with a desire for continual learning and process improvement.
- ?Ability to work well and thrive in a team-oriented environment focused on providing superior service.
Accounting and Finance, Analyst, Asset Management
WI - Milwaukee