Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager Global Payroll
at RTI International
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1902Y
The Senior Manager, Payroll will provide tactical, as well as operational oversight of the Payroll function and may represent the work of the group to more senior levels of management. Number of current direct reports: 4
This is a high-value position that requires a strong level of payroll knowledge, professionalism, and leadership. The Senior Manager will be directly responsible for managing the Payroll team and is a key business partner to many functions within the organization.
- Provide tactical as well as operational oversight of the function and represent the work of the group to more senior levels of management. Ensure the professional credibility of the unit function. Help to develop the professional stature of staff.
- Manage staff through performance planning, development and evaluation process. Responsible for developing and implementing practices to ensure a high level of staff morale and retention. Operate and oversee the promotion and succession processes. Mentor staff in leadership and business partnering.
- Lead or support appropriate part of complex projects as required.
- Participate in variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Represent increasing levels of responsibility, increased interaction, and resolve issues with key executive stakeholders internally and externally without the need for higher management engagement.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing continuous improvements to all domestic and international payroll processes. Create and review Payroll policies, key financial controls and procedures.
- Identify strategic opportunities and objectives for the Payroll department and work with applicable team members to market and meet these opportunities and objectives.
- Provide support and direction to team members on handling customer inquiries. Establish service level agreements, metrics and benchmarking to industry best practices; monitor and report Payrolls progress to senior management.
- Oversee the maintenance and adherence to standard operating procedures, metrics and benchmarking.
- Ensure compliance with domestic and international payroll tax requirements, labor laws and record keeping regulations.
- Manage preparation of relevant and requested management reports and audit requests.
- Review and approve international payroll reports and journal entries. Manage responses to accounting and general ledger inquiries and issues.
- Partner with Human Resources to ensure efficient and seamless processes between departments.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of payroll files, systems and reports in compliance with various governmental regulations.
Skill / Requirements
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree and 16 years related experience; or masters degree and 12 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have extensive experience overseeing a team of employees.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- ADP, Oracle HCM, Deltek Timekeeping experience strongly desired.
- International payroll experience
Please apply on the website and not via email