Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Accountant, Iraq
at Samaritan's Purse
Do you have a mind for numbers and a heart for people? Join us as a Field Accountant at Samaritan’s Purse! As a Field Accountant in Iraq, your expertise will contribute directly to the site’s fiscal responsibility and staff welfare, ensuring the organization’s ability to deliver continued Christ-like care to those seeking safe-harbor in a war-torn region. For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Maintains detailed records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
- Performs daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintains cash and bank ledgers, monitors cash advances and field expense reports, reconciles cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Provides required monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to the Country Director and Finance manager.
- Reviews and approves financial transactions for Samaritan's Purse field operations (including grant funded) based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, Cash Advances, transfers, etc.).
- Ensures adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources at base.
- Ensures all cash is reconciled on a weekly basis.
- Ensures contracts are current on all rental properties, facilities, and vehicles.
- Maintains accuracy in financial records and performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures grant documents and required reports, agreements, asset lists, etc. are filed and kept for audit purposes
- Ensures compliance with different donors’ procurement rules and regulations
- Maintains close and cooperative working relationships with fellow projects staff and the Finance Manager.
- Provides support to Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas as required
- Follows all procedures provided by Senior Grants Manager and Director of Finance/Finance Manager.
- Facilitates external audits with the Finance manager.
- Works closely with the Program Development department and donors.
- Travels to the field on a regular basis to provide additional financial support to the field.
- Ensures staff are trained to implement programs according to the donor agreement.
- Ensures partnership and sub-grant related administrative processes and procedures are standardized and consistently implemented throughout the program.
- Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith, and experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Finance or related field and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Minimum two years book-keeping or accounting experience.
- Previous international work experience; ability to operate for extended periods in very austere conditions.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Experience with foreign currencies and grants management preferred.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Spiritual maturity; ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goal of sharing the Gospel.
- High level of patience & flexibility.
- Arabic language skills a plus.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)