Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Finance Manager - Emergency Response, South Sudan
at Samaritan's Purse
We are hiring a Finance Manager - Emergency Response for our field office in Juba, South Sudan! As the Finance Manager - Emergency Response, you cover both Finance and HR tasks, and directly manage emergency response finances and field accountants. You will be responsible for implementing and coordinating financial and budgetary aspects of the specific programs and projects: administrative field accounting, expenditures, bookkeeping, timesheets and payroll processing.
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This role is an unaccompanied position.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Manage review of financial transactions and supporting documentation in an organized and professional manner. Ensure financial and accounting activity is carried out in accordance with Samaritan's Purse’s field accounting policies.
- Supervise Finance Officers and Field Accountants based in Juba and remotely.
- Assist Finance Manager in preparing journal entries, finalizing all transactions and documentation related to the financial close process each month.
- Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources at field sites, liaising with Field Accountants and Area Coordinators.
- Provide support to Base Manager and Program Managers with regard to financial policies, practices and budget management as required.
- Assist with the monthly review of local payroll and payroll taxes for all South Sudan field sites.
- Assist with preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts in South Sudan and Kenya.
- Assist in facilitation of both internal and external audits.
- Oversee administrative human resource needs of a sub-team, including but not limited to timesheets, payroll processing, and leave-day tracking.
- Partner with the Grants Department regarding budget proposals and agreements.
- Identify and implement areas for financial and administrative improvement.
We need you to bring:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in Accounting, Finance or related field of study.
- 5+ years progressive financial management experience in a complex, dynamic environment such as a nonprofit organization with operating budgets, diverse funding streams, and substantial financial and material assets (preferred).
- CPA or equivalent certification; or equivalent combination of accounting education and managerial experience (preferred).
- Knowledgeable on grant accounting and experience in donor funding requirements.
- Strong financial management, relational and supervisory skills. Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the office and in the field. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure. Will travel to the fields periodically to provide support.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and have strong mathematical and reasoning abilities.
- Language: Fluency in English (required). Strong English language writing skills, and demonstrated ability to produce quality reports and proposal inputs on short deadlines.
What you receive:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)