Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bookkeeper / Cashier **Weekends Required**
at Sapp Bros.
Are you looking for an opportunity to build a great career with a company where you and your efforts will truly be valued? Join our team at Sapp Bros.! We operate a chain of travel centers stretching from Utah to Pennsylvania, providing our customers with quality products, a clean environment, and a commitment to excellent service. We are currently looking for a motivated and hard-working Bookkeeper / Cashier to join our team!
In this position you will be responsible for performing both bookkeeping tasks within the office as well as providing 5 Star Customer service at our fuel desk. As a bookkeeper you will be responsible for communicating the sales, expenses, and cash auditing results from the previous day to the General Manager and Department Managers in order for them to make decisions on how to maximize efficiencies and profits. Our Bookkeepers are to maintain tight cash controls and report any breakdowns or weaknesses in the system to the General Manager.
Sapp Bros. is a place where everyone works hard to make each truck stop the very best by being the friendliest and cleanest truck stop chain in the United States. The Bookkeeper must be extremely proficient with 10-key and Windows based software.
Below is a partial list of duties:
* Audit previous day receipts and prepare daily deposit
* Enter sales ahead of daily deadline into accounting system
* Reconcile daily accounts receivable and credit cards
* Assist Store Associates look for cash variations
* File copies of accounts receivable and payable documents
* Reconcile mechanical totalizers to POS sales reports
* Enter daily Bill of Ladings into accounting software
* Enter accounts payable in accounting software
* Audit and reconcile manager's vault
* Forecast and order daily change requirements
* Order office and fuel desk supplies
* Meet daily with General Manager and Departments Heads to communicate results
Our Safety Mission Statement is to sustain zero accidents by providing a safe environment, worked in by safety minded employees.
As a Bookkeeper / Cashier, you must be reliable and hard working with a positive and friendly attitude. It is also important that you maintain a professional image at all times.
* Minimum 16 years of age
* Willingness and ability to learn
* Strong team-working skills
* Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift up to 25 pounds
* Ability to provide proper documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States
* Willingness to undergo a criminal background and employment reference check
As a Sapp Bros. employee you will be part of an established company with a long tradition of commitment to quality, ethics, and superior customer service. If you are in search of an opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication, and people skills in a fun and rewarding environment, then we have a place for you on our team. We offer opportunities for advancement and competitive compensation that includes a great benefits package.
* Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
* Life & Accident Insurance
* Prescription Plan
* Paid Holidays & Vacation
* Education Assistance Program
* Gym Membership Reimbursement
* Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
* Store & Restaurant Discounts
* Career Advancement - We promote from within!