Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sapp Bros.
Are you looking for an opportunity to build a great career with a company where you and your efforts will truly be valued? Join our Sapp Bros. team! At Sapp Bros., Inc., we take pride in our hard-working employees by offering competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits plan to meet your needs. We are currently looking for a strong contributor to join our HR team as a Payroll Specialist.
The Payroll Specialist reports to the Payroll Manager and is a full-time position. The hours of work and days are mostly Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Maintains various payroll records such as timecard sheets, automatic bank deposit authorizations, payroll journals, and ledgers; makes required adjustments through established procedures.
- Prepares salary and wage payrolls including deductions, accruals and the issuance and processing of timecards.
- Monitors the account distribution of salary and wage payments including correcting prior distributions.
- Balances or reconciles assigned payroll records; resolves and adjusts discrepancies; analyzes computer reports to identify and locate sources of error.
- Gathers and analyzes payroll data; makes recommendations and prepares various payroll reports to be submitted to Payroll Manager.
- Consults with management and staff to discuss, salary and wage problems such as improper deductions and accruals; refers more difficult problems or those requiring decision making outside of limits to Payroll Manager.
- Makes and checks routine arithmetic calculations; posts figures and enters data on appropriate payroll documents and or enters data in computer system.
- Interprets, explains and recommends changes to rules and regulations as they relate to payroll.
- Responds to queries from outside agencies such as financial or credit organizations.
Sapp Bros., Inc. has a unique culture that sets us apart from all other companies. We are professional, innovative and progressive; all while staying true to our values. We are a successful company that has been excelling in multiple industries for the last 48 years. By joining Sapp Bros., Inc. you will be joining a team that will treat you with respect and dignity, as well help you success in all of your career goals.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of payroll experience with extensive knowledge using ADP.
- Previous payroll experience in a transportation, retail, restaurant, and/or manufacturing, preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work patiently and professional at all times with multiple levels of the workforce.
- Knowledge of federal and state and other legal regulatory laws and regulations pertaining to payroll.
- Knowledge of payroll processing reporting.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, independently and adhere to all payroll processing practices
As a Sapp Bros. employee you will be part of an established company with a long tradition of commitment to quality, ethics, and superior customer service. If you are in search of an opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication, and people skills in a fun and rewarding environment, then we have a place for you on our team. We offer opportunities for advancement and competitive compensation that includes a great benefits package.
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Prescription Plan
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Education Assistance Program
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
- Store & Restaurant Discounts
- Career Advancement - We promote from within!