Schupan & Sons Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Schupan & Sons Inc.
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for preparing, balancing, overseeing, and troubleshooting weekly payroll in an accurate and timely manner by operating as the subject matter expert to resolve issues, improve processes and implement new initiatives.
· Oversees reviews, verifies and corrects all payroll data such as hours worked, bonus and commission, tax and benefit information to ensure accuracy of payroll
· Train team members and educate employees on new or enhanced operation procedures and policies
· Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, loan payments, 401(K), as well as other required information for employment records
· Stays current and monitors changes in federal, state, and local payroll laws and regulations to ensure consistent compliance and makes recommendations to management regarding payroll practices by attending at least 2 training sessions/year
· Identify process improvement initiatives and define standards for new processes
· Fulfills wage garnishment requirements by completing forms, adjusting payroll records and documenting withholdings
· Prepares and reviews weekly, month-end, and other reports requested by supervisors regarding payroll and other employee information as needed
· Reconciles General Ledger Accounts as it relates to payroll information
· Assists Accounting department with payroll needs including but not limited to efficient weekly, monthly, and Year End schedule execution and General Ledger questions as it relates to areas of responsibilities
· Reviews and balances all payroll tax filings and other payroll reporting completed by payroll service to ensure all information is accurate
· Provides training to employees on payroll software system
· Ensures compliance with tax and payroll laws
· Defines new standards and reusable approaches within the Payroll operational framework
· process payroll-related invoices
· Reviews wage and employment verifications for accuracy
· Administers 401(k) match
· Generate H S A and 401k reports
· Provides reporting as required to management and others as it relates to areas of responsibilities, including workers compensation, 401(K), and ISO audits
· Fields employee questions as they relate to payroll and timekeeping related matters
· Manages payroll software system and updates as they occur
· Manages effective internal/external customer and vendor relations within area of responsibility
· Oversees ISO Work Instructions and forms as it relates to responsibilities
· Maintains the confidentiality standards of payroll operations
· Maintains regular and predictable attendance
· Exhibits behaviors that reflect the company core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Tenacity, Compassion & Diversity
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment including a calculator, copy machine, and printer
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets and office machinery
- Occasionally lift and/or move office materials including files and equipment weighing up to 10 pounds
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50% of the scheduled shift
Skill / Requirements
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Four years of experience in payroll processing preferred.
Please visit the Schupan website to learn more about our company.