Scottsdale National Golf Club
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hospitality Purchasing Manager
at Scottsdale National Golf Club
This role is responsible for supporting the Accounting Manager and the Leadership Team in creating a weekly and monthly cost of sales calculations as well as organizing and reviewing valuation of all food & beverage expenses. Additionally, this position is responsible for developing, implementing, and directing the activities of a centralized purchasing function for Food & Beverage. Responsible for negotiating and administering purchase agreements; leveraging buying power and monitoring vendor performance.
• Creates and reports weekly and monthly cost of sales calculation specific to menu items
• Organizes, leads, and reports valuation of Food & Beverage Inventories on a weekly and monthly basis
• Reviewing and coding food & beverage invoices to ensure we are being invoiced correctly
• Audit inventory to ensure adequate levels are up to par
• Fulfill all non-perishable requisitions for Food & Beverage, Housekeeping and Clubhouse departments
• Manages and updates Point of Sales System
• Assist with quality control for all incoming food & beverage
• Manage all aspects of Food & Beverage, Housekeeping and Clubhouse purchasing, inventory, storage, cost control.
• Lead organization within the scope of the strategic sourcing process by managing negotiation strategies, supplier selection and general terms and conditions
• Negotiate and execute purchase orders and supplier contracts as need to support business needs. Establish guidelines and negotiate favorable terms of products
• Provide business leaders support to plan and direct materials and supply to reduce cost and improve quality
• Contract management to ensure adherence to terms, conditions, and agreed pricing
• Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality and business unit and total company buying activity
• Develops an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, leveraging spending, and leveraging of technologies
Experience and Education Required:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Food Industry Experience Required
o Familiarity with culinary terminology and standards
o Experience in financials
o Cost Analysis
• Purchasing and/or receiving experience preferred
• Must be computer literate. Must be able to perform math computations essential for budgeting and cost analysis purposes. Must be proficient in Excel
• Knowledge of Jonas strongly preferred
• Flexible approach, based on business demand and willingness to work in an environment of constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Possess high level of self-motivation, accountability, and willingness to do and learn what it takes to get job done.
• Strong time management and organization skills
• Ability to work as a part of a highly collaborative team and equally effective as an independent contributor
• Neat and polished appearance
• This position will be exposed to various working conditions (both inside and outside)
• Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, reach, bend, kneel frequently and for long periods of time.
• Able to lift and move objects up to 50lbs
• Able to work a flexible schedule, including shifts, weekends and holiday if needed