Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sellen Construction
Sellen is a locally owned general contractor and one of the largest builders in the Puget Sound region. We build places you know; hospitals, markets, high rise workplaces, and landmarks in our community where people live and work. Headquartered in South Lake Union since 1947, we have a strong accounting team, established processes, and we invest in the systems we use. Our people bring great ideas to work and build their career at Sellen because of the culture here. We believe in the value of hard work, we strive for excellence in everything we build, and we partner to solve problems.
What You Do
As Payroll Manager you are responsible for producing and ensuring compliance of company payroll and producing payroll related reports. In this role you will use your advanced understanding of payroll regulations as you become familiar with company processes to set team goals and provide input for process efficiencies.
* Ensure the Payroll work group meets operational standards and follows internal controls including current documentation, checklists and other processing aids.
* Support and provide training and technical advice to team members.
* Manage various payroll work flows in accordance with established internal controls and regulatory requirements. These include but are not limited to remittance of payroll taxes, reconciliation of garnishments, entry of time card data, and maintenance of Sellen payroll records.
* Review and file monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including but not limited to, Federal 941, 940 FUTA, WA State Unemployment Insurance reports, and WA L & I Quarterly Report for Self-Insured Business.
* Provide strong customer-service interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
* Drive process improvement efforts in coordination with the departments goals and objectives.
What We Offer
At Sellen, we build careers. On-going professional development through on-the-job learning and specialized training is key to our teams success. As Payroll Manager, youll guide and support your team and contribute heavily to Sellen payroll process improvements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer providing competitive pay, benefits, including, 401(k) match, insurance, health savings contributions, incentive pay, college tuition savings, paid time off, paid volunteer time, and more.
Skill / Requirements
What You Bring
* 5+ years of relevant and progressive related payroll experience.
* Experience with union or multi-state and construction payroll.
* Advanced knowledge of and a strong desire to continually learn, research and stay current with federal, state and local payroll laws and regulations.
* Experience inputting data into an integrated ERP system. Vista by Viewpoint experience strongly preferred.
* Manage team members by ensuring that team members are engaged in their work, set up to succeed, and clearly understand their individual as well as team goals.
Apply! We want to hear from you. https://www.sellen.com/careers/openings-benefits/