Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Shake Shack
The Payroll Supervisor assists in the overall functioning of the Payroll Department, including the oversight of the Payroll Specialists and 3rd Party Payroll Vendors. This individual is responsible for adherence of multistate tax laws and to ensure accurate and timely payment to all employees
- Oversees the processing of all weekly payroll functions and ensures that deadlines are adhered to. Ensures that payroll is processed in a compliant and timely manner. Is fluent in gross-to-net payroll calculations. Ensures that SOX payroll controls are in place and operating accordingly.
- Provides training, direction and support to the Payroll Specialists. Maintains documentation on all payroll processing activities. Provides regular feedback and conducts quarterly review sessions. Assists in the preparation of performance reviews.
- Ensures that all pay related inquiries from employees are replied to within 1-2 business days, or sooner when necessary. Facilitates communication with other departments and external providers as it relates to payroll related matters.
- Assists with implementation of companywide payroll initiatives. Provides support to cross-functional teams. Assists with preparing audit requests. Prepares ad-hoc reports and analysis as needed. Assist with the review and reconciliation of year-end items, including W2s, W2cs and annual reporting
- Provides support during system related testing and upgrades (Workday, ADP and other supporting systems).
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting
- Strong excel skills (V-look Ups, Pivot Tables)
- CPP preferred
- 4-6 years of Payroll experience with 1-3 years of supervisory experience
- Experience Payroll Systems (Workday, ADP or other large systems)
- Multi state Payroll experience
- Public company experience preferred
Position is located out of our Home Office in New York City.