Shamrock Foods Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cost Analyst - VA
at Shamrock Foods Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 318 Mill Place Parkway
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Cost Analyst will provide inventory and operational analysis to ensure accurate inventory, and operational reporting and transactions in a timely manner as it relates to the Dairy Plant in Verona, VA. (S)he will explain impacts to production usage results and suggest improvements to enhance efficiencies and reduce waste. The Cost Analyst will also identify, recommend, and implement continuous process improvements to financial reporting and other departmental processes.
- Report and explain production variances and period results to leadership by understanding and connecting operational performance to financial results.
- Provide financial and operational analysis for supported departments/teams in a timely manner and explain how their actions impact results, and suggest process improvements to enhance efficiencies, and reduce waste.
- Team with inventory and operations teams to ensure accuracy inventory, inventory transactions and inventory results.
- Identify reporting opportunities to enhance understanding of inventory usage results to identify actionable areas of opportunities. This includes establishing reporting of waste categories.
- Responsible for reporting and adherence to federal milk reporting regulations and requirements.
- Work cross functionally to establish processes and procedures to record and report information both internally and externally.
- Lead period closing process of inventory related processes.
- Perform inventory control analysis
- Maintain strong internal controls to ensure integrity of financial reporting and safeguarding of assets.
- Continuously evaluate ways to streamline and improve finance department processes by supporting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage and maintain communication and good working relationships with all internal customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing industry supporting business leaders
- Proven ability to analyze and translate data into actionable information and associated results
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, multi task and problem solve
- Must have demonstrated effective verbal and written communication
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.