Shamrock Foods Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Business Intelligence Data Analyst
at Shamrock Foods Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Information Systems
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Sr. Business Intelligence Data Analyst is responsible for building descriptive, diagnostic & predictive analytics solutions that bring data to life and drive business outcomes. As part of the Enterprise Data & Analytics team, this experienced data professional will partner with business leaders across the organization to surface key metrics and unlock the vital insights that drive data-informed decisions and guide business strategy.
Highly creative with advanced technical knowledge of modern analytics tools & data analysis methods, the Sr. Business Intelligence Data Analyst is an expert in Power BI with proven experience in SQL, Tabular modeling, Power Query, Dax and how to pull insights from data. With experience architecting & implementing end-to-end Power BI solutions, administration, embedded analytics and large model deployments, (s)he will lead enterprise data projects aimed at tackling complex reporting challenges and answering critical business problems. This key role will actively influence the success of the company by leading the key analytic initiatives in sales, marketing, supply chain, operations, finance and more.
- Design, develop and maintain enterprise Power BI solutions
- Simplify and communicate complex concepts to partners across the enterprise to drive data-driven outcomes
- Accelerate the organization’s data capabilities and provide the means for increasingly sophisticated uses of data while promoting data literacy across the organization
- Data Visualization: Provide data-driven decision support by unlocking insights through intuitive visual tools, best-in-class executive dashboards and interactive self-service analytical reports
- Enable & Optimize Analytics: Lead data initiatives and deliver solutions that empower business leaders through data
- Strategic Use of data: Establish and lead best-practices and development of content that enhance the effectiveness of enterprise data while continually seeking out increasingly sophisticated uses of data to help achieve strategic objectives
- B.S. in Business, Computer Science, Analytics or another quantitative discipline. Advance degree a plus.
- 3+ years of experience as a BI/Data Analyst or Developer creating advanced solutions using Power BI
- Extensive experience using SQL in a business environment including the ability to write complex queries
- Advanced knowledge of DAX and a high proficiency developing tabular data models in SSAS, Power BI or PowerPivot
- Expert knowledge of data visualization best practices
- Ability to develop partnerships across different functional teams with a desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision and direction
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be sometimes include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Data analysis expertise and experience managing data visualization tools, creating and maintaining data models and solving complex business problems with data
- Strong programming skills using advanced statistical tools (e.g. R, Python, SAS) with ability to manipulate data for analytical purposes, conduct statistical data analysis, and build predictive models.
- Deep understanding of decision trees, segmentation, regression and machine learning models used to analyze customer behaviors, interaction patterns, correlations and probabilities
- Proven ability to drive each project to completion with minimal guidance while effectively managing multiple projects at a time.
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and modern data warehousing principles
- High intellectual curiosity, advanced analytical skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.