Shamrock Foods Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Cost Accounting Manager
at Shamrock Foods Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Senior Cost Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing cost accounting activities for the dairy, ensuring timely and accurate monthly close, and providing timely, accurate, and actionable reporting.
This position requires a strong knowledge of cost accounting concepts including standard costing, variance reporting and analysis, and overhead allocation. (S)he must have the ability to work closely with operations personnel to understand causes of variance and to ensure that product costs accurately reflect manufacturing processes
- Plan, organize and direct all activities related to the cost accounting functions
- Lead month-end close processes, in cost accounting areas, to produce accurate and timely results
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare explanations of significant variances
- Develop and maintain actionable reporting of material, labor and overhead variances.
- Collaborate with internal customers (e.g. finance, operations, marketing) to provide cost estimates of new or special products for establishing selling prices
- Plan, coordinate and implement the annual cost accounting standards budget process
- Supervise the cost accounting team, including directing work, providing training, mentoring and development of their cost accounting understanding
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Accounting/Finance. MBA preferred
- CPA/CMA preferred a plus
- 8+ years' experience within plant accounting environment with focus on management and cost accounting
- 2+ years' experience successfully leading and managing exempt and non-exempt team members.
- Experience with inventory, product cost and work orders in a manufacturing and warehousing environment. Dairy or Food Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Full understanding of standard costing, accounting systems and procedures
- Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting methods and concepts
- ERP experience. Microsoft D365 experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office). Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evening shifts, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.