SOS Children's Village
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SOS Children's Village
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Summary: Responsible for oversight of fiscal functions including monthly financial reports and budget development and accountability. Collaborate with the Executive Director to craft and implement strategies for financial operations and procedures.
- Work with the Executive Director to prepare and monitor the annual budget.
- Collect, document, record and classify financial data.
- Reconcile all bank statements and financial reports monthly.
- Provide financial analysis on a monthly basis.
- Prepare accurate monthly financial statements and oversee all reports required by governmental agencies, grantors, and the Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain internal control of revenues and expenses including payroll and taxes.
- Monitor account/cash balances, cash flow, bank interest rates, and line of credit usage.
- Accounts Payable (prepare checks, ACH /EFT transfers)
- Accounts Receivable (invoices, statements, follow-up)
- Maintain accurate financial records.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the independent auditors conducting the yearly financial audit.
- Prepare work papers and assist in annual audit and 990.
- Attend Management Team meetings, Board meeting and Finance Committee meetings providing financial and budget variance data/updates.
- Able to work in isolation and with a team and/or committee.
- Attend/assist with special events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Experience and knowledge of Quick books is required.Experience with managing a multimillion dollar annual budget.
- Experience and knowledge of non-profit accounting best practices.
- Experience and knowledge of Federal, State and local grant accounting practices and oversight.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred.