Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
Scope of Work: The Accountant is responsible for agency cash management, processing accounts receivable, payroll, preparation of monthly financial statements and maintaining the computerized general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the agency Policies & Procedures Manual. The Accountant position is a full time, 40 hours/week non-exempt position, which may include some weekends.
- Responsible for processing of payroll and payroll reports including quarterly taxes and annual W2s.
- Enters electronic cash receipts into the accounting database and makes daily bank deposits.
- Responsible for performing daily cash review, tracking cash balances and making bank transfers as needed.
- Prepares and posts recurring and periodic adjustments to the accounting records.
- Reconciles checking and investment account statements and prepares any adjusting entries as needed.
- Performs monthly general ledger reconciliations for various accounts.
- Performs research and prepares reports as needed.
- Responsible for fixed asset records, depreciation, and reporting.
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements.
- Assists Accounting Manager with grant billings, including tracking of income and expenses, invoicing and preparation of required reports.
- Assists the Director of Finance in the annual budget process.
- Assists in the preparation of work papers for annual audit and works with outside auditing firm to complete the annual audit.
- Assists with financial aspects of fundraising events.
- Provides training for staff in the preparation of timesheets and payroll.
- Acts as support to the Director of Finance in providing guidance and support to the Accounting Associate, Accounting Assistant, and agency staff members.
- Assists the Director of Finance with the development, analysis, and monitoring of Finance policies and procedures.
- Serves as back-up for the Accounting Associate and Accounting Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Director of Finance.
- Three years of experience performing accounting functions.
- Experience with, A/P, A/R, payroll processing and general ledger maintenance.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, perform multiple tasks, meet deadlines, identify and resolve problems and coordinate efforts with other staff members.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to see correlations between specific transactions and summary reports.
- Ability to identify and correct errors & omissions through a review of accounting ledgers, balances and summary reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Positive attitude, solution-oriented and willingness to collaborate with team members and agency staff to identify issues and develop solutions.
- Have access to reliable transportation, a valid AZ Driver’s License and a driving record that will be supported by our liability insurance provider.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Knowledge and experience in nonprofit accounting.
- Experience preparing and analyzing financial statements.
- Experience with Accounting Software (Abila MIP).
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to ten-key by touch.
Compensation: Minimum salary $20.00/hour; benefits include health, dental, and life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance.
To Apply: Submit letter of interest, resume with dates of employment, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to the Director of HR, Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation, 375 S. Euclid Ave., Tucson, AZ, 85719, email to email@example.com or visit www.saaf.org. Open until filled.
Affirmative Action: The Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.
Start Date: As soon as possible.