Southern Management Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Corporate Controller - Hotel Division
at Southern Management Corporation
Date Opened:Oct 10, 2019
Position Type:Regular Full Time
What you'll be doing:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and submit monthly financial statements for all hotels
- Review and Approve all Bank Reconciliations
- Review and verify all Revenue and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Review totals from Delphi, PMS and Accounting System to make sure they balance
- Review and ensure the filing of state sales and use taxes and county occupancy taxes
- Review and Approve monthly payroll accruals
- Monitor hotels utilities' and review monthly accruals
- Calculate any Negative Due to from Interest for Hotels
- Review and Process food and Beverage transfers
- Review and process monthly inventory
- Review Contracts and approve accruals
- Verify and Post amortization and depreciation monthly JE's
- Calculate and post / pay monthly Management / Franchise fees
- Assist external auditor with Yearly Hotel appraisal process, assist with general liability audits for hotels
- Prepare and audit year end paper work for all hotels
- Maintain, update, and create new reports in Yardi (i.e. P&L and Balance Sheet). Maintain and updated Excel reports as needed.
- Manage hotel accounting teams, write and enforce policies, including internal controls and standardized processes.
- Support/Assist General Manager in the creation of budgets / forecasts
- Ad hoc reporting as necessary
- Hold [periodic, monthly, weekly, daily] department meetings based on need or property policy
- Produce monthly Financial Statements in a timely manner
- Contribute to the team's effort by accomplishing tasks and assisting with projects as needed
- Comply with all Southern Management's policies and procedures
- Perform various other duties as assigned by Director and/or Supervisor
- Proficient analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be a self starter
- Proficient Excel or equivalent software knowledge
Key Performance Indicators
Exhibits the following performance expectations:
- Understands Role, Responsibilities and Job Skills
- Time Management and Planning
- Quality of Work
- Timely and accurate completion of monthly financial statements
- Concise explanations of unusual financial statement variances
- Timely and accurate completion of audit duties
- Proactive and timely interaction with communities and Human Resources on team member delinquencies
- Correction processing within 48 hours of notification
- General rapport with community team members
Organizational Awareness / Civic Social Responsibility
- Have and embrace a thorough understanding and knowledge of Southern Management Corporation's Strategic Foundation -- it's Mission, Vision, and Values. Promote awareness of how work performance has an impact on community, hospitality, commercial and corporate team measures, as well as Southern Management Corporation as a whole.
- Promote Southern Management Corporation's Strategic Foundation and ensures goals are aligned with the company's Mission, Vision, and Values; taking innovative approaches to foster performance excellence and continuous improvement.
- Communicate, encourage and support social responsibility and participation in company events and special projects which impact the greater community, region, state or cause.
- Act as a positive role model of organizational awareness by promoting the success of Southern Management Corporation and its diverse communities, hotels, and office buildings.
- Understands how the STARcard measurements are considered Key Performance Indicators of the organization's Strategic Objectives.
Summary of Benefits:
Hourly rate is only part of the employment equation. Benefits add significant dollars to your total compensation package and greatly improve your quality of life. Southern offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance for you, your spouse and/or immediate family at a remarkably low cost
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurances
- A Pension Retirement Plan
- Leave: paid holidays, paid time off, pay for bereavement/funereal leave and jury duty
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Rental Discounts at our apartment-home communities
- Uniforms and weekly cleaning services for service team members
At reduced rate additional cost, you can customize your package to include: Long Term Care, AFLAC, MET Life Home/Auto, Section 125, 401K Plan, 401K Roth
Benefit eligibility is dependent on Team Member Status All benefits are subject to cancellation and/or change at any time.
- Minimum seven (7) years Hotel Accounting experience
- Prior supervisory and hospitality experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred
- Previous experience with mistro and opera software preferred