Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Finance Department! The position will assist with the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation. Applies knowledge of accounting and finance functions as well as general business practices to ensure the safeguarding of company assets and resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the monthly closing, including preparation of journal entries, revenue calculations for the payer contracts and expense accruals, including year-end closing process.
- Complete select monthly general ledger account reconciliations and account analyses.
- Assist in the collection, reporting and analysis of financial data including actual to budget variance analysis.
- Conduct comparative analysis on organizational revenue and expenses on a monthly basis to ensure completeness and accuracy of the monthly financial statements.
- Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed and are in compliance with GAAP principles.
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting systems processes, policies, and procedures, identifying non-value added processes and seeking solutions.
- Assist in the development of the annual organizational budget.
- Participate in periodic audits to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Prepare financial reports, scorecards, charts, tables and other exhibits, as requested
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
- Assist in special projects and perform other related duties as needed and assigned.
- Conduct all aspects of the job in an ethical manner.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
Education & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field and 4 to 5 years direct experience in accounting to include general accounting functions and financial reporting.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process in a large, complex organization.
- Working knowledge of non-profit and GAAP accounting principles and procedures.
- Great Plains accounting software and Management Report Writer experience highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel including pivot tables, vlookups, hlookups, etc.
- Previous experience in healthcare preferred but not required.
- Work ethic & values:
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be capable of adapting to system changes and business requirements in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and maintenance of cohesive working relationships with respect and care for one another including company staff, management, and external parties.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision under rigid time constraints with an excellent work ethic, taking ownership of tasks and processes.
- Has a passion for learning.
- Must be an analytical thinker with an ability to conduct research, data analysis, and resolve complex problems.