Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Intelligence Analyst
at Sovereign Healthcare
The Business Intelligence Analyst is stakeholder focused and facilitates using data to create information needed to support decision making. The position collaborates to ensure relevant and complete analysis and timely reporting is provided to meet Sovereign Healthcare’s business needs. Identifies, collects, organizes and prioritizes data requirements and supports business process changes to meet reporting requirements. Clarifies complex business issues and recommends solutions. Is an advocate in support of business process improvement through data analysis, process change and technology applications.
A key member of the Decision Support team requiring expert technical skills and/or good understanding of business functions. Conducts moderate to complex reports requiring expert technical skills and/or good understanding of business functions. Coaches, mentors and trains fellow team members in a collaborative environment.
- Documents reporting process; works collaboratively with team members.
- Provides data and detailed answers to questions on data and trends while meeting any required deadlines.
- Effectively educates end users on what reports mean by telling the story behind the report.
- Develops, delivers and maintains quality solutions to support business processes.
- Balances clients' business requirements and preferred technical architecture. Recommends creative and innovative solutions to business and/or technical problems. Provides client support for operation systems consistent with service level agreements (SLA's). Ensures work is technically sound and in compliance with established quality and timeliness standards.
- Simplifies and/or eliminates low value-added work processes for key stakeholders.
- Takes active steps to increase understanding of client's business environment, priorities and processes, and emerging technology issues.
- Delivers analysis/reporting product and support while managing clients’ expectations. Interfaces with customer and other departments to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Analyzes and identifies core business processes in support of application design.
- Communicates issues openly, honestly, and timely with peers, management and customers.
- Prepare and present new initiatives to leadership to help obtain buy-in and support.
- May work with vendors to clarify and resolve tool/software functionality issues.
- Provides data analytics in support of the definition, implementation, and execution of best-practices.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. This is a growth-oriented role in a growing company. You will be expected to perform different tasks as needed by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the organization.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business or any other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a Business Analyst or data analysis role.
- Experienced SQL, PowerBI user
- Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, SSRS, SAS, PowerBI) or Moderate SQL development skills
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in a healthcare environment.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools (e.g. SAS, R, etc.)
- Clinical analytics experience
- Experience developing dashboards