St. Charles Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at St. Charles Community College
OVERVIEW OF COLLEGE
Founded in 1986, St. Charles Community College (SCC) has a reputation as one of the best two-year colleges in the state of Missouri. With extraordinary faculty and staff, SCC serves a student population of more than 10,000 and a general population of more than 350,000 throughout St. Charles County and beyond. SCC's main campus, located in Cottleville, is a beautiful 12-building campus which has won architectural awards for its innovative, contemporary "educational village" design. The college has a second location in Dardenne Prairie, featuring a state-of-the-art nursing and allied health program. The success of SCC is rooted in the mission of serving our community by "focusing on academic excellence, student success, workforce advancement, and life-long learning within a global society. We celebrate diversity and we enrich the economic and cultural vitality of the region by providing an accessible, comprehensive, and supportive environment for teaching and learning."
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Payroll Manager will plan, organize, and manage the preparation, analysis, maintenance, and processing of the College's payroll functions and provide supervision and guidance to assigned staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the preparation, analysis, maintenance, and processing of the College's payroll functions.
- Ensures compliance in all payroll functions including but not limited to payroll taxes, retirement reporting, vacation/sick accruals, processing contracts and providing bi-weekly reports to other departments as well as the accurate and timely filing of all required external reports.
- Acts as Custodian of payroll records for all employees. Research and respond to questions regarding payroll policies and procedures; prepare responses to court or arbitration-ordered payroll data as well as employee requests.
- Interpret accounting and financial policies as they apply to the payroll function.
- Responsible for all payroll tax reporting and processing of pay period, monthly, quarterly and annual payments/reports.
- Coordinate the processing of W-2 statements; annually balance W-2 figures.
- Responsible for all aspects of the retirement reporting including eligibility determinations and filing required monthly/annual reports.
- Ensures accuracy of all payroll reports and spreadsheets used internally.
- Test upgrade products for new technology in the payroll area.
- Assist in establishing and implementing accounting and financial policies pertaining to the payroll function.
- Establish working procedures and processes for the payroll unit.
- Review and update current payroll practices and policies to further reduce redundancies and eliminate inefficiencies.
- Develop training tools for streamlining payroll processes.
- Conduct formal and informal workshops on payroll-related matters, including timekeeping procedures and scheduling.
Skill / Requirements
Please submit application materials at the following link: https://stchas.aaimtrack.com/jobs/338161.html